Thread: How can I add apps to an un-rooted Nook Tablet

How can I add apps to an un-rooted Nook Tablet

As I’m using the nook tablet which I bought few months back what I want to know is that, how to un-root the nook tablet bcoz the problem is that when I try to install with the other home launcher it is not letting me to happen and am caught up with the barnes and noble home launcher. Since using with this home launcher I’m not able to access the apps. So if anyone having the idea about how can I add the apps to the unrooted nook tab.

Re: How can I add apps to an un-rooted Nook Tablet

I tried with the installing of the GoLauncher app in my nook tab. The app installed successfully without any issue. Then I tried downloading the other app and it installed properly, but what happened is that I tapped on the default screen of the nook tab mistakenly. Now when I tried going back to the golauncher app it does not go. So I want to know what should I do to get back to the golauncher app.

Nook tablets come with the pretty cool apps pre-installed in it. But if you want to add the apps from the third party then I would say that you can easily do it just by following some steps and for this you don’t need to do the rooting in the nook tab. But if you want to do this then you may require the SD card for your device. For doing this there are some hidden settings in the nook tab which you don’t know so for doing this do the following things.
    Steps to follow:-

1) Open the web browser and go to this link
    http://comptonsoft.com/test/TGPS_Lite.apk

2) By doing this you will get the direct link to the app download and save it.

3) After doing this you will see the message in it in the left hand side of the screen.

4) Using package installer if you try to install it, then it show some thing like this on your screen

I tried doing the same on my nook tab, but what I found is that it was able to go to the amazon appstore when using the nook tablet but didn’t allow me to download the apps from the amazon app store. So I want to ask you is that can I download the app from the amazon usiong the app installer. Bcoz whenever I try to download the app from the store other then the B&N the message shows me that you should first “archive” and then “unarchive” the app then try again.

Yeh ..even I had the problem with the downloading the app from the amazon app store. So is there any other way to download the app from the other content. Do anyone know the other mean from whr I can download the app.

I don’t know why it did not work in your tab. As I did trying doing this with my nook tablet and it was able to work properly. So I don’t know what you did with your nook tab, which procedure you went with but if you follow the above procedure then I would tell you that it will work with it. As after following the above procedure I tried installing many apps from the amazon app store. So if it works for me then I would say you that it should definetly work with you also.

And when you install the golauncher in your nook tab then I would tell you that the screen of your nook tab will look like android and you can move your icons anywhere as you do in the android devices.

Actually it worked well on my nook tab initially it was hard to understand the procedure as I was not getting it correctly but when I went on trying with it again and again as it was giving me error but finally it worked and am able to download the app, the only thing that is not working is the calculator app which I bought from one of the store otherwise rest of the apps is working fine.