Thread: HP Pavilion dv6-3143us cannot switch between Radeon Mobility 5650 and Graphics adapter

HP Pavilion dv6-3143us cannot switch between Radeon Mobility 5650 and Graphics adapter

I have an alike problem with switching among the 2 display adapters. The main subject I am presently getting began some days ago. I switch among display adapters and set out to my ATI Radeon Mobility HD 5650 adapter in order to play a game. The toggle seems to have gone over effortlessly and so far, whilst I load up the game—at rest an OLD game that must run really slickly, it is hopelessly sluggish. What's motivating is that in the gadget manager, it says that my ATI card is functioning properly, and it doesn’t notice that there are severe problems.

Re: HP Pavilion dv6-3143us cannot switch between Radeon Mobility 5650 and Graphics adapter

Most games are not optimized for video cards for notebooks onboards while the integrated video vos tenes meets the specifications of memory that says the match will not get detected.

Re: HP Pavilion dv6-3143us cannot switch between Radeon Mobility 5650 and Graphics adapter

There's the nVidia card for most distributions of the first map but you cannot switch or the Intel. This is also NOT be set in the BIOS. (Will there ever be, because it is this self optimus "intelligently" to determine, it goes through the drivers and not the hardware)

Generally, the system automatically switches between the high performance ATI graphics cards and more energy-efficient Intel graphics cards, depending on the power. If the system power supply via the AC adapter gets it switches to the ATI graphics card for best performance, when the system is on battery power runs, it switches to the graphics card from Intel for the life of your battery life. You can also manually switch to another card, such as when specific features of the ATI graphics card to use when using battery.

Unclear is how Intel Switchable Graphics will work together with ATI's CrossFire technology, Centrino 2 with the first support. Perhaps AMD working on a mobile version of the Radeon X2 with two GPUs working in parallel. Such a solution is interesting for notebooks that specifically focus on 3D gaming. There is currently Nvidia place to themselves.

Technology for laptops either the IGP or the CPU to be used has been around for several years. The first generation, however, required a hardware button and reboot to make GPU to another, while the second generation is still a number of seconds a switch made, limited driver support and had often blocked when certain applications were running the video chip hostage. The second generation NVIDIA Hybrid SLI and called the most famous notebooks are equipped with this MacBook Pro models. Both generations led to higher production, which stopped the market acceptance. The consumer was not hot: Nvidia exchanged by only one percent of users actually gpu.

Nvidia has introduced, however, to postpone until the software was ready. According to the manufacturer include complex code with the size of Windows NT, where a thousand developers would have worked. Optimus uses standard API calls and the GPU in many cases turns on automatically when there are applications that run DXVA, DirectX, OpenGL and Nvidia's Cuda use. The recognition of other programs, which of course particularly important games, Nvidia is maintained by means of profiles. These profiles are independent of the driver cycles tracked by user and can optionally also be added manually.

Quote Originally Posted by HamsiniI View Post
    Technology for laptops either the IGP or the CPU to be used has been around for several years. The first generation, however, required a hardware button and reboot to make GPU to another, while the second generation is still a number of seconds a switch made, limited driver support and had often blocked when certain applications were running the video chip hostage. The second generation NVIDIA Hybrid SLI and called the most famous notebooks are equipped with this MacBook Pro models. Both generations led to higher production, which stopped the market acceptance. The consumer was not hot: Nvidia exchanged by only one percent of users actually gpu.
    I have this laptop and definitely am frustrated with the lack of driver support. Do you know of any possible work-arounds? I've heard of disabling the Intel graphics, downloading drivers for the HD 5650, but I haven't had much luck. Any thoughts?

smile Re: HP Pavilion dv6-3143us cannot switch between Radeon Mobility 5650 and Graphics adapter

hey my problem was the same...so download driver identifies and follow the instructions!!!good luck

so did you disable the intel graphics? right now, the best graphics performance i can achieve is with the CCC disabled (catalyst control center) but even then the performance is behind other ATI HD 5650's from acer/asus/etc.

what's your strategy been?