Thread: iPhone giving some privacy issues

iPhone giving some privacy issues

Some weeks ago I had called up someone from ATT and on picking up he was knowing my address as well as the name. so that’s what I got to hear recently that’s what I want to say here. so that’s why I am a bit worried as if iPhone is compromising my private information. Now why it is doing so. Do you all have any idea if this is happening with you all as well. If you do have some ideas on the same then do reply on the same. I am waiting for the response from your side.

Re: iPhone giving some privacy issues

No I don’t think so it is a iPhone issue cmon how can you say that this is what I am not understanding at all. So better check it and then think about the same so this is what I want to sayh ere. The carrier that you are subscribed to does gets to know abou the information that you have provided to them and hence they use them accordingly that’s what I am saying here. I hope you did understand what I have said here so that’s clear for you I suppose tahts it from my side for you.

Yes I absolutely agree with what the above user has said here so what I am saying is that if you can check the recent call history then you can clearly see that t displays call information for a number from address book contact Info. So in case if the concerned person has added the address of yours and hence that’s what you might be getting that particular information there that’s what I am saying here. so hope you did understand what I am saying here, in case if there is any other query then please do feel free to ask here I will try and answer it out for you.

I just want to know how did they get my information as if this particular task has been assigned to the particular business operators and investigators and not for anyone. How did the carrier people get an access to my information and why did that sales guy had information about me stored on his phone? That’s a big mystery for sure.

What idea do you all have on this. Waiting for the response from your side.

Yes the only solution for you si to call your carrier and ask them to change the caller ID info on your line to Private. I think that would be the ideal thing for you to do, I think there are various apps that are available these days which makes use of the caller id to retrieve the information. That’s what you should be doing as of now. So hope you did understand what I have said here. so call up the carrier guys and tell them that to switch o the private. So hope that was clear for you that’s it from my side for you.

I think so Verizon does it frequently. that’s what I am saying here. never did I pay attention to it. As far as it is strictly related to the carrier people then it is well and ok for me but in case if it goes for the outside people then it would be a case of worry for me that’s what I am saying here.

Quote Originally Posted by TamaraAce View Post
    I think so Verizon does it frequently. that’s what I am saying here. never did I pay attention to it. As far as it is strictly related to the carrier people then it is well and ok for me but in case if it goes for the outside people then it would be a case of worry for me that’s what I am saying here.
    No you are wrong my friend Verizon does not have to do anything with that. Verizon doesn't share any information with the caller at all. That’s because some years ago a law suite was filed against the Verizon people for breaching the security and hence that created a lot of furry among the other users that’s what I am saying here. I hope the information that I have provided here was sufficient for you that’s it from my side for you.

If you take a look at the services such as YouMail or TrapCall it uses the database of phone numbers to tell you who is calling before the phone is answered. So this kind of services can be used by any normal people to get an access to the personal information of us. So the privacy issue is not with the phone in fact it is with the applications that can take a sneak peak at outr life as well. That’s what I wanted to say here. I hope this was pretty much clear for you that’s it from my side for you.

Yes that’s a true concern for sure I would not mind my number going to anyone but my personal information and address going to some else is a big worry for me. I think so such kind of applications could be banned permanently that’s what I believe here.