Thread: Compaq Recovery Manager missing in Compaq Presario CQ42

Compaq Recovery Manager missing in Compaq Presario CQ42

I am having Compaq Presario CQ42 and with this I am having problem. And in my case, the problem is that my laptop is missing Compaq recovery manager from the local disk. I started getting this type of the problem after I formatted my notebook. I a not getting the reason for happening this thing with me but can here anyone suggest me the way for downloading this?? please reply me back about this, and also if here anyone else having the same problem then also reply me back for this.

Re: Compaq Recovery Manager missing in Compaq Presario CQ42

Here can you reply me back that how did you format your system?? And while doing this is the recovery partition is deleted in your case then there you will need to reinstall OS using recovery disks of the notebook. And also if you have already created them then for that you will need to get back by recovering your notebook to factory settings using recovery disk. Try with this, hope that this help you in this case. reply me back about this if you get any problem again with this.

Dude, you can also try with the pressing the F11 key for using the system recovery. And if this also not helped in your case then at that time it means that recovery partition is inaccessible and you need to reinstall entire OS using Recovery disks. And also if here you have not created them then at that time you will need to call HP and place order for recovery disks.

Ok, for that I am not sure over here that which OS you have installed in your system. But still for getting resolve the problem I will suggest you to try with the following steps::
    • First make sure that you have made the backup for all the information.
    • After this Click Start>> right-click Computer >> and then click Manage . Double-click Storage , and then click Disk Management.
    • And then from the Computer Management screen>> center of the windows>> right-click the recovery partition and then select Mark Partition as Active.
    • After this all, reboot your system and I am sure here that after the start you will get Recovery Manager back. Reply me back abut the results.

Hey friends, thanks for the steps. I tried with this and now recovery partition seems to work fine. Thanks for suggesting me about this.

Friends, me too having the same Compaq Presario CQ42 notebook. And in this machine I am missing Compaq Recovery Manager. For that I have tried with so many suggestion but still no avail for me. After coming here, I tried with all the suggestion that you have suggested to the user. But this also not helped me. Still my system is missing the Compaq Recovery Manager. Can you please suggest me some other way for resolving this problem??