Thread: Push notifications in iOS 5 and iOS 4

Push notifications in iOS 5 and iOS 4

I just want to know what is the basic difference in the notifications of the iOS 4 and 5. So that’s what I want to say here. as such the iPhone 4s is coming up with the iOS 5. So that’s why I want to know as if what will be the basic difference in the notifications of the same that’s what I want to say here. So any of you all who would be having some idea about the same then do give me some replies for the same.

Re: Push notifications in iOS 5 and iOS 4

Well in the iOS 4 I have seen that if I disable the push notifications for the facebook say then also it displays me the notifications that I have missed and shows me up in the app icon that I have missed it. In short if I disable push notification then I get to see the badges enabled in the iOS 4, that’s what I am saying here. The iOS 5 does enables the push notification when I enable the badges as well. So I hope you did understand what I am saying here, so that’s the basic difference here. now I am not getting to know as if how can we be able to enable the badges and disable the push notification, do you all have any idea for the same, if you have some replies for the same then do reply accordingly over here.

What I would like to suggest is that follow the steps that I have given you and follow it accordingly.
    1) Go to the settings and then facebook.
    2) Now you will get to see the push notifications.
    3) Now do turn off all the notifications that will appear in all the sections, that’s what you should be doing.
    I hope the necessary steps from my side does help you in the process.

Dude I have disabled all the notifications except for the badges part then also I am getting push notification, now why is that. The steps that you have mentioned I have followed all the steps accordingly then also it is not working for me.

So what to do now it is giving me no output so you all have any replies for the same waiting for the response from your side. So what do you all have to say about the same I am waitingfo rthe necessary help from you all.

Ensure that whatever changes that you have made i.e. enabling the badges and disabling the push notifications, make sure you exit the facebook applications and then restart it again. That’s what you should be doing as of now. I hope you did understand what I have said here that’s it from my side for you all.

Quote Originally Posted by CassandraD View Post
    Ensure that whatever changes that you have made i.e. enabling the badges and disabling the push notifications, make sure you exit the facebook applications and then restart it again. That’s what you should be doing as of now. I hope you did understand what I have said here that’s it from my side for you all.
    I did exactly the same step that you suggested and now it is showing me Words With Friends. Now what Is that new thing that has come up, that’s what I am not understanding at all. Don’t you all think there should be any necessary steps carried out what do you all have to say about the same.

I mean is there any necessary changes in the settings required or what is the possible combination that I should be looking at in the file. Please do reply accordingly on the same I am waiting for the necessary response from your side that’s what I am hoping for.

Now the settings that you are looking for is quite different from the others that’s what I want to say here, so what I am saying here is that
    1) Go to the settings and scroll down.
    2) Now look out for the applications that you have added.
    3) Now login to the facebook from there.
    4) You will get the screen to tur off the notification from there, that’s what you should be doing.
    5) In short if you want then you can turn off the badges as well.
    So that’s what I want to say here, I hope you did understand what I am saying here that’s it from my side for you.

Dude from my experience what I have noticed is that Words With Friends doesn't have the App specific settings like Facebook does. So I don’t think so we can disable the push notification from it that’s what I think here. so hope you did understand what I have said here. in case if there is noting that comes up here so can I conclude that there is no way by which we can disable the push notification for facebook?

No you cannot say for the facebook instead all I can say is that it is for the Words With Friends and not for the facebook. Notifications used to be usually just badges, alerts and sounds and nothing else, this is what I know about the same.

Words With Friends is just a part of the facebook and I don’t think so it can come under the notification part that’s what I know here. I hope it was clear for you that’s it from my side for you.

Try with the updated version of the words with friends and try working on the same that’s what you should be doing. The latest version of the words with friends has come up for the iOS 5 and hence you can check out for the same, that’s it from my side for you.