Thread: In HP Pavilion dm4, display becomes very blotchy when charger removed.

In HP Pavilion dm4, display becomes very blotchy when charger removed.

Hey friends, I am having HP Pavilion dm4 and with this model I am having two annoying issues which are as:

• When I plug the charger or remove it form the HP Pavilion dm4, at that time display becomes very blotchy.
    • And the other problem with this is lights on side of the laptop stay on when shut

What can I do for getting resolve this both the problems??

Re: In HP Pavilion dm4, display becomes very blotchy when charger removed.

Ok, I get the problem in your case. And here, for the first problem I will suggest you that the problem is related with the graphics driver. And for the second problem I think that your BIOS needs updating. Try with doing this both things, I am sure here that this will help you to resolve the problem. If you will provide the p/n(product name) of your notebook the I can suggest you for the more help. And you can find the p/n in:
    • On a barcoded sticker on the bottom of your notebook
    • In the BIOS (bottom of first screen)

Ok friend, thanks for the reply me about the issue related with this. My product information is as:
    • I am having HP Pavilion dm4 Notebook PC 1150-ea model. And
    • CPU/Operating System is Windows 7

For your problem I will say you to open the windows device manager. And after opening this, you will need to click on the triangle next to Display adapters and it should open. After opening this, you will be able to see the name of your Video adapter. Reply me back about this. after reading your above post here I can say that you are having an Intel HD video solution. And also I am not sure but can say here that you may also have AMD video display adapter as well. For resolving your both the problem, I will recommend you to try to visit to the support portal and form there download the drivers for the dm4-1150ea notebook. And also form there try to get the proper driver. And after the installation finished at that time I am sure that you will get resolve th problem. Reply me back about the result.

Can you here reply me back about the current version of the Intel HD driver which you have installed in your system? And also check if your notebook have switchable graphics?? Reply me back about this also.

Dude, here also having the same problem. And in my case, let me tell you over here that I am having HP Pavilion g6-1b54ca Notebook PC with the with Intel HD graphics and with windows 7. In my case, I ma having model number as: QD318UA#ABC. For getting resolve the problem I have tried with the changing the drivers version but this not helped me to resolve the problem. But thanks for suggesting me about this. any other suggestion would be greatly appreciated in this case. And thanks for your help.

Yes sure dude. In my system I checked for the current version for the drivers and I found that it have:
    • Driver version 8.15.10.2342
    • And also this is not having switchable graphics, I am sure about this.

Still no changes in the problem. And also now I am getting that my all problems are running very slow. after this I tried with the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery come back and after this, I uninstalled again but still get that all things are running very slow. I am having the similar problems yet. Now I can also see the pixilation is still there in desktop's images. when the laptop is closed at that time I can see that small lights on the left of the laptop are still on if the laptop is shut down then also. I tried with the changing the drivers to the latest version and updating the BIOS version. This also not helped me. Thanks for suggesting me about this. any other suggestion in this case??

Friends, yet I am having the same problem. And this occurs every time when I removed the charger. I have tried with all the suggestion over here, but this all not helped me to resolve the problem. What can I do to resolve the problem??