Thread: TrueVision HD webcam not detected in HP Pavilion dv7

TrueVision HD webcam not detected in HP Pavilion dv7

I have recently bought a HP Pavilion dv7 for myself and I have found that the TrueVision HD webcam is not getting detected by You Cam software but then I tried to change the You Cam settings and I don’t remember exactly what I did but then it somehow started and just after one minutes it again turned off and since then I am not able to get in to the YouCam settings. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about the same and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: TrueVision HD webcam not detected in HP Pavilion dv7

I have recently bought a HP Pavilion dv7 for myself and I have found that the TrueVision HD webcam is not getting detected by You Cam software but then I tried to change the You Cam settings and I don’t remember exactly what I did but then it somehow started and just after one minutes it again turned off and since then I am not able to get in to the YouCam settings. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about the same and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Before I suggest you anything I will like you to first check whether you are having the driver for the webcam installed on your computer and you can do that by going in to the control panel and then in to the administrative tool and then go in to the device manager and then you will get a window and then in the right pane of the window there will be a list of drivers installed so just check in that list if you are able to see the driver for the webcam and if you see than make sure that you are not having any yellow exclamation on it. If you don’t fine it then you will have to install them first and after that try to use the youcam and then you should not have the same problem but then first check it out and then let me know what your case is?

You can provide me the following information so I can try to help you further:
    1. Operating system?
    2. Product Name?
    3. Model Number?
    4. Serial number only if you want to?
    5. Vendor ID" of the Webcam?

You can provide me the following information so I can try to help you further:

1. Operating system?
    2. Product Name?
    3. Model Number?
    4. Serial number only if you want to?
    5. Vendor ID" of the Webcam?

I am using windows 7 home basic and below is my system information:
    Product Name: HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
    Product Number: XW899AV
    I am not able to find out the vendor id I mean that I don’t know where its location is, can you just try to help me with the location in detail so I can find it out.

I am not able to find out the vendor id I mean that I don’t know where its location is, can you just try to help me with the location in detail so I can find it out.
    Ok, just go to the device manager again and then click on the place where it says Imaging Devices and after that just double click on the HP TrueVison HD" and then you will get three tabs naming general, driver & details so now just click on the detail tab and then and then choose the hardware id in the drop down box of the window and then in the value pane there will be something like this VID_XXXX and that is the vendor id. So just check it out and then post it so I can help you with this problem further.

This is mine:
    • Operating sytem-windows 7 home basic(pre installed)
    • Product Name: HP Pavillion dm4 Notebook PC
    • Serial Number: I cannot give you that
    • Product Number: WQ874UA
    • Webcam: USB\VID_5986&PID_02AC&REV_0927&MI_00
    • USB\VID_5986&PID_02AC&MI_00