Thread: Proximity sensor not working in HTC titan

Proximity sensor not working in HTC titan

hey guys i got this phone before some days and i have started getting problems with the phone as it seems like the proximity sensor of the phone is not working anymore. I am not sure from which day i have started causing such problem with the phone but still i have noticed this problem yesterday only. Is there any solution for the same? need suggestions, thanks for any.

Re: Proximity sensor not working in HTC titan

i don’t think this could be any problem with the firmware installed in the phone rather it seems that there could be some problem with the phones hardware and i think the only option you can have in order to get it resolved is to simply return the phone to the seller from where you have bought it. Thus, it would be better if you simply visit the service center and better get an replacement for your hardware and see what happens.

See though i am having same opinion as the above user but still i would like to recommend you that you should try to reset the firmware once in your mobile and see what happens, because it might be possible as there could be some problem with the firmware itself, i am pretty much sure as there could be some hardware fault only but still as a possibility we should try this as well.

And if suppose you are getting nothing after resetting the firmware as all the thing appears to be same then you should tr y to reset the firmware of the phone once and see what happens, because i think that could be the only way left if concern the software glitch in the mobile or else simply this is an hardware glitch.

Before proceeding for any of the tricks you should make sure you have taken backup of important file or else you may lose the important data from the phone

i was also having the same problem with the phone but still after flashing the phone with another ROM everything was working perfectly with the phone. thus i would like to recommend you that you should try to flash the mobile once with another ROM and see whether the results varies or not. As far as i know you can simply make use of

Eternity_HTC_Europe_1.08.401.06_Radio_16.23.02.09_ 2_16.24.00.23U_Signed_ETERNITY_RELEASE Rom in your phone and you can download it from here.

for Flashing the device read the instructions mentioned below.

• Turn off device

• Enter bootloader first by pressing camera + power buttons

• Wait until USB will come into view on screen

• Download the file from the attachment

• Put nbh file with content of archive in the similar folder

• Run ROMUpdateUtility.exe

• Follow instructions mentioned in the screen.

NOTE - i am not responsible for any damage as i have tested the same with my mobile and it was working perfectly. Along with that Ensure that your device has the various ID as the nbh file at this point, or else you will obtain unacceptable Vendor ID error. That simply means you CAN'T flash device from Honk Kong by means of Europe ROM and vice versa.

Hey thanks for the LINK you have mentioned as i have downloaded the ROM and today i am about to install it in my mobile, but still quite confused as whether doing this will void the patentee of the phone?