Thread: HTC titan keeps freezing while typing text message

HTC titan keeps freezing while typing text message

Hi, i have got the phone mentioned in the title and had started getting problem with the phone as while texting, the screen keeps freezing up and the mobile gets stuck at one screen only. i have to wait a while for it to make a decision it wants to start letting me text again and also the phone will arbitrarily reset itself at times though that only occurs two times in a week the freezing while texting its almost each time i go to send a text message.

I have tried to find out solution for the same on internet but couldn’t find any, is there anybody having same problem with the phone? please let me know what could be the possible solution for the same? thanks in advanced.

Re: HTC titan keeps freezing while typing text message

i have the same phone but i am not having any such problem with the phone, but still can you please make sure as whenever you do texting to any contact, are there any application running in background as well? Because the thing is like it might be possible that those application could be the reason for freezing the phone, thus if you have any such application running in background then let me tell you as you should try to get them shut and then see what happens. Along with this, i have also experienced such freezing issue with the phone so many times and i became aware as it was only because of the third party application i had installed in the phone, thus off course if you have installed any such application in the phone then also just get it uninstalled and see what’s happening.

i think there could be some problem with the firmware you have installed in your mobile thus i think firmware resetting will resolve the issue in the phone, thus first let me know have you ever tried resetting the firmware of the phone? if not then i would like to recommend you that should do that first and see what happens or else i think reinstallation would be the only way left in order to get the rid out of the mobile.

But still let me tell you as there are two ways of doing the same thing thus make sure you have taken back up of data so that whenever you proceed with the same you cannot have problem with that. Since all the data will be wiped out and the factory data will be restored in the phone replacing the existing one.

- Sorry i haven’t ever had any freezing problems yet with the phone as in fact windows phone OS is from my vision of point the most excellent among all others :-)...I'm since 2005 a Blackberry user and i tried many months with iphone and also with android phones, but none of them i was able to exercised almost as my blackberries. Windows phone was the first touch screen handy that is created also for users, which requires to message much on days.

Coming back to the thread, guys i have connection problems with the HTC TITAN, GSM and data connection is more then 35-40% bad then my blackberry bolds 9900/9780. What do you think could that be a hardware trouble or is that going on all HTC TITAN's?

See though i am agree with the above user as you should try to reset the firmware of the phone but still I don’t think firmware resetting will help you any way.

Instead, you must have to reinstall the firmware, because here i can’t see any glitches rather the firmware installed in the mobile is corrupted.

Are you making use of any application in your phone? because see no matter which OS or which phone we are using but it can happen to every mobile, and once i was also having the same problem with the phone and lately i came to know that it was happening only because of the application i had installed in my machine. thus simply after reinstalling the application everything were working perfectly in the phone and i was able to make use of the text messages again in the phone. thus according to me you can have two options over here as you can simply either reinstall the application as what i have done or simply uninstall the application make use of default feature for sending messages through the phone.

Are you making use of any application in your phone? because see no matter which OS or which phone we are using but it can happen to every mobile, and once i was also having the same problem with the phone and lately i came to know that it was happening only because of the application i had installed in my machine. thus simply after reinstalling the application everything were working perfectly in the phone and i was able to make use of the text messages again in the phone. thus according to me you can have two options over here as you can simply either reinstall the application as what i have done or simply uninstall the application make use of default feature for sending messages through the phone.
    No i am not making use of any such application as well, and this is actually happening to me with the default feature itself but still it seems like i must have to make use of such application for sure, hope that will not make the same with the phone. or simply according to me as well reinstallation of the firmware will be again good option for the phone, isn’t it as mentioned by the above user?