Thread: Unable to import contact from SIM to phone in HTC titan

Unable to import contact from SIM to phone in HTC titan

HI, i have recently purchased this HTC titan and don’t know what could be the problem with the phone but whenever i try to import the contact from the SIM card i can only see the greyed button but nothing else. while I place back the SIM card to my sony ericsson all the contact of the SIM card come into view. I don't desire to send all my phonebook to Windows live, I just have name and phone number to import. Any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

Re: Unable to import contact from SIM to phone in HTC titan

- though you have mentioned like you can see the contact in your sony ericsson but still i would suggest you that you should make sure whether those contacts are really presented in the SIM card? because it might be possible that you must be able to see those contacts just because they must be saved in the phone rather than the SIM card. thus first of all make sure whether the contacts are really stored in the SIM card itself or in the phone and then only put the SIM card again in the windows mobile.

And if suppose you found those contacts in the phone then first or all you should try to copy them to the phone and then insert the card in the phone so that you can copy it to another phone.

yeah i am sure as i have stored all the contacts to the SIM card and not in the phone but still i don’t know why i am not able to get it import? Is this because of the OS that those mobiles comprises?

see you can have way to do this but it could be quite lengthier for you but still see i have mentioned it so that you can have proper idea about the same.

• You must be using outlook in your machine, thus first of all you should try to connect you sony ericsson to the machine Export all the contacts to the outlook.

• As soon as you completed with this you should try to import those contacts to your google account, hoping you must be having one.

• After that you can simply synchronized with your google account through your windows phone and simply import contacts from there only.

I make use of Windows Live on my laptop and it is immense because it stores everything online and comprising your Facebook and LinkedIn friends in your contacts database. But still whatever mentioned by the above user is surely acceptable.