Thread: Can anyone make me understand unlocking, flashing and rooting of the Smartphone?

Can anyone make me understand unlocking, flashing and rooting of the Smartphone?

Hello friends, the rooting are how to unlock right? Unlocking is what can be utilized in different company? Flashing is to have different operating system? With the phone used for sale with "BAD ESN should flash to work with another airline," Does that mean, to make good ESN flash? Is the ESN number changing EMI / hack power? So please tell me about it. Thank you.

Re: Can anyone make me understand unlocking, flashing and rooting of the Smartphone?

Do not get me wrong and do not want to sound like I'm insulting all have learned, but to answer all your questions will be writing many pages and a lot of research. Some questions are like the roots of release. Rooting access to usually inaccessible root partition of your device. You can open a device to put a SIM card from another network and use the device on the network (assuming the device is suitable for the new radio network). Intermittent assuming you can unlock the boot loader will put a custom ROM on the device, not so much as changing the operating system (usually), but the example you are upgrading from version 2.2 to going Froyo 2.3 Gingerbread Android operating system itself just an update. Often, the packages have been modified by programmers can go for example, if there are ROMs that have their roots, opened the boot loader file gingerbread cyanogen. You have a lot of reading and research to do.

Re: Can anyone make me understand unlocking, flashing and rooting of the Smartphone?

Rooting allows root access. This is like the administrator access on a PC with Windows. Unlocking a phone allows to work in different media. Intermittent can mean putting on a different operating system, but as said tech4fun usually means putting a different version of the operating system. An ESN is a unique identifier for a phone. Usually you cannot change, at least not easily or legally. Carriers track "bad" ESN separately, so if a company has set a bad (for example, a phone that was on a delinquent account), a different provider could still permit the use.

Flashing not make a good ESN again. Put a phone in a different medium from which started can be difficult. That certainly require that the phone is unlocked, but some are blocked by default. Flashing may be required to connect to another company, and that would require rooting. On the other hand, sometimes all you need to connect to a different provider is a little reprogramming. It depends on the carriers and the phone itself. As above user have said, will have a lot of reading to do if you want to do this.

Do not change the subject here, but it is an issue I'm willing to go into ... Because some say that the change of ESN is unlawful, while those who actually say they are doing is not illegal as long as it is the right way.... I would not start a new discussion about this issue considering how tight these mods are hofo on this topic ... I do not want to start any trouble, but since the OP is somewhat in the area I like to talk more about it...

Right... It is against the law to change the ESN which is the same as changing the serial number on a plasma TV. And rooting around! You cannot go on the boards of the system files and other important files. You are incomplete in the directory / folders / files that you get access too. So the companies ... purposely block user right to use to the root directory of your Android phone. Rooting block kills and gives the user full right to use to all files on the phone. Good or bad ... is for you to change / update / modify / replace ... rooting so nothing changes, but kills only the blocks that carriers put in.

Thanks to all the answer. I'm in agreement with USCC with 3 lines. In all three lines, mine is that I use most of the minutes and text messages. Web when it can. When the contract is over, I'm thinking no contract deals. Until now, that looks good is Virgin Mobile and straigttalk. If possible, I'd buy cheap android Craigslist or eBay and activate one of those without a contract. Although not seem to Virgin Mobile, as the monitoring of phone they carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Marjorie View Post
    Hello friends, the rooting are how to unlock right? Unlocking is what can be utilized in different company? Flashing is to have different operating system? With the phone used for sale with "BAD ESN should flash to work with another airline," Does that mean, to make good ESN flash? Is the ESN number changing EMI / hack power? So please tell me about it. Thank you.
    Unlock the SIM. Grant cellular companies "lock the phones so that service cannot be used in other companies. You need an unlock code (cell phone company or purchase elsewhere) to unlock the phone for use in other companies - with this caveat - the telephone companies must be compatible with frequency - for example, T-Mobile and Verizon GSM and CDMA technology is not compatible ...... Rooting is generally a procedure / process that allow the user to access phone system parts that are not normally accessible to the average user. Ganas "superuser" access that is like using "sudo" in Linux or "administrator" access on the windows.

First you need a phone with an unlocked Bootloader (similar to the BIOS of a computer) then you install a custom recovery that lets you install new roms, which are essentially variations of the operating system. Flashing custom roms can add features that were not made available or thought when the phone was made. They can add features and enhancements to your phone. MIUI CyanogenMod and are probably the two biggest markets out there and CyanogenMod roms is the gold standard customization Rom.

ESN bad usually means the phone is locked ESN on a particular vehicle. For example, pretend that someone from Sprint have a phone, and then not pay your bill, or phone reported stolen, etc., that is no longer good ESN in the race and is now a "bad ESN". Possibly you can flash the phone to work in cricket, or metro or other vehicle, but there is a solution to make good on the source medium.

Changing the ESN / IMEI is illegal. Besides the fact that the discussion is not allowed here, well is illegal. Better spend your time and money doing somewhat additional productive. If you wish for to learn more about the roots, flashing convention ROMS, etc. Start with the forums here on Howard Forums. The rooting function is your friend could not even begin to tell you how much I have learned here at Howard forums and how helpful people have been here when asked questions. Also look at the XDA forums and CyanogenMod website. Wiki is very large and CyanogenMod which is of great benefit to those who want to learn.

Hey, thank you. I like the analogy, it really helps explain things. I use it all the time and make it for me and also for my phone. And also when I purchase a new phone will also make for it.