Thread: Are the Android phones worth shipping from Chinese factories web sites?

Are the Android phones worth shipping from Chinese factories web sites?

Hello friends, does the Android Phones in Deal Extreme and other websites directly shipped from factories in China, worth their price? I do not think any of those models are sold in U.S. stores, views on a particular model they are offering? So what you have to say about it. Thank you.

Re: Are the Android phones worth shipping from Chinese factories web sites?

Not worth it, in my opinion. Good luck trying to get support from the manufacturer's warranty or to repair cellular company if you have data, SMS, or voice problems.

In addition to the odds of 3 weeks or more when achieved, is zero support from the cell phone provider. I know. If they break within a year or what they offer, the guarantee is to be sent back and then wait another 3 weeks + to get it back. I think that's a fact. But do have an opinion on what they offer; I am completely lost as to what models are. These would be for people in family plan that would not at all come to Android anyway so no matter how long you use them - not that it would be by means of androids 200-300 dollars bought in the shop here instead of at Chinadroids that's why I'm asking.

You need to talk about a specific model / brand name to get any more specific information. I have never used a device like you describe. Sorry, I can help much more than that. One thing that stands out is the fact that the devices use the previous version of Android 2.2, Froyo. It does not mean you cannot install 2.3, Gingerbread itself.

Is it worth it? Up to you. I went to look. The phones are GSM so the voice would work. SMS and MMS have so if it was created to work. The processors are too old and slow. 416 to 528 MHz from the look of it. And with 512 MB of RAM and ROM 256, which puts it at about the G1 or Magic / My Touch 3G specifications. But for me, even that is the coup de grace, that is, data connections: WAP 2.0, GPRS, SMS, MMS, and Wi-Fi, so you do not even enjoy speeds of EDGE, GPRS only. That would take about an hour to send a small picture. Dial-up is faster. Unless you have Wi-Fi, the data is pretty useless. The other issue is that many of them have very poor Bluetooth Wi-Fi antennas / reception. So is this worth it? Up to you. Certainly not for me.

Thanks of great replies which are usefulness. I look at the specifications in detail; I was supposed to be 3G. Here's my imagining: With the Samsung 4G II exhibition to be out this week for $ 199 at retail in the U.S., Black Friday possibly will even be very less in the rate? And that would mean for Chinadroid worth, which should be, what, maybe 3G at about $ 100? I believe the cell phone industry is moving at incredible speeds and, moreover, that it was not worth it to sign any contract with any company, it is difficult to go for older phones, as new coming out as fast as better specifications. So I guess when you look at Chinadroids, go directly to the data connections and then if it does not say 3G, so not worth it at any price, is that the crux of the matter when you show them fast?

Exactly. Many of my friends, only a few years ago people were all flip phone contract. Who want an Android phone, even as the Optimus V but for some reason not to terminate their contracts, when it was over? You just renew. Today many of them have joined the ranks of those released and have been free contract. With Annex 2 and 4G phones as she plans and competitiveness, as we see appearing in Boost, Virgin Mobile, Straight Talk, Red 10, and T Mobile and other than all androids are hitting the shelves. It is true that not lots of have large hardware specks Exhibit 2 4G, other than there are a few (I think more are coming) with what is and what's coming soon (see to what extent the selection of cast has arrived less than 1 year even in the ST) there is no real reason to tolerate BS contract.

What you see happening this season as the price of 4G that the models, which places we should keep an eye out for as far as sub $ 200 androids go?

Although no one of the names Android phones not Chinese, I have one of those pills without Chinese name for Android as well as one of the iPhone clones that supports dual SIM. As others have mentioned, on the basis of my experience with my clone of the iPhone, you will not get any support in terms of getting things to work (Wi-Fi, data transmission, SMS, MMS, etc.).

For my Chinese Android tablet, Wi-Fi is flaky. Sometimes it connects with some routers and sometimes does not connect for any reason. You may find that some programs but also Android working on it ... in my case with my tablet Android, programs such as Gallery, LinkedIn, Google Earth Plus, etc do not work. Personally, I'd stay away from these devices unnamed Android OS.