Thread: HP G61-320 missing product information

HP G61-320 missing product information

Product Information not valid.
    And also this I saying that following information also are missing which are as:

• Product name
    • Product Configuration
    • Product Serial Number
    • Product Number

And after this message it is showing to press enter to Continue Startup. I am not getting here that why I started getting this type of the problem. Can here anyone suggest me why this is happening to me?? Or else I need to enter the proper Product Information for resolving this issue?? If yes, the form where I can get the product information about this?? please suggest me for this also.

Re: HP G61-320 missing product information

Ok, if you are getting this type of error message then for that I think that info is missing in BIOS. And this is caused by the installation of the HP Recovery Manager or Recovery Disks will likely fail. And after this you will also start getting the error as your OS is not legal. For getting resolve this problem, here you will need the services from the HP to add the info to the BIOS. Try to contact with the HP service center. Hope that they will help you to give this type of the information.

Hey friend, thanks for suggesting me about this. I tried with contactiong with this. But they are saying that my motherboard was fried and to resolve this they will need $250 to fix it. What to dio now?? Yes, you are saying right that I was trying with the system recovery and at that time it fails to do this. I need some more help over here. Please help me in this case.

Can you here reply me back that which OS came preinstalled on your laptop?? If you know about this, then you can try with the getting this OS CD and try to install this in your system using the license key attached to bottom of the laptop. Try with this, hope that this helps you to resolve the problem. Her for your case, I will say over here that thee windows 7 is the more stable then that of the Vista. I am suggesting you to try with the installing the fresh copy of the windows 7 because your laptop is having the valid license key for Win 7 attached to bottom. And for installing the vista, you will need to buy the key from the market. First I will say you to try with the using the HP support, if they not helped you to resolve the problem then for that you will need to try with the installing the fresh copy of the windows using the license key and tehn hope that problem get resolve.

Ok dude, thanks again for this. let me tell you here that my laptop have came with the windows 7 pre-installed. I am trying to get the suggestion from the HP in the phone so that they will help me for changing the setting in the BIOS. And there I found that they are saying me to try with the installing the recovery disk again, even after I told them that I have tried with this so many times but still it fails then also they are saying me to do this thing. Should I try with this??

Yes, I also searched at the bottom of my laptop, And there I found that the windows license is erased off. What can I do now?? How can I get that keys back?? Even HP services are also not helping me for this.

Friends, I am afraid there that there is no way to get the license key replaced?? For that I have not get any type of the suggestion and also HP doesn’t help me to resolev the problem. And while searching for the suggestion about this, I get that this is common problem for the most of the people which is due to the missing of labels. Can here anyone suggest me the proper information for correcting the BIOS. If yes, then please reply me back about this. And now I can say that I try to always cover my labels with clear tape.