Thread: HP Pavilion dv7 3160 lock up.

HP Pavilion dv7 3160 lock up.

I am having HP Pavilion dv7 3160 from the last year, and with this I am having problem. And the problem is that while I am trying to do anything at that time I get that it locks up while doing anything, even this happens to me more then 10 times. And also I am having this problem related with the keyboard num lock and caps lights flash and also screen stays at the place where this was. And also sometimes it get locks after I boot after I power cycle it too. I am sure that I have taken the so much care of the LT still I am getting this type of the problem. Can here anyone suggest me about this?? please reply me back if anyone else also having the same problem.

Re: HP Pavilion dv7 3160 lock up.

Ok, if you are getting this type of the problem then for that I think that you will need to shut down the notebook and after this, Tab the F10 to start the BIOS menu. And there in the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you will found the facility to run tests on both the Hard Drive and Memory. Run that test and reply me back if you there found any type of the error messages.
    And if you completed with the both the test then at that time try with the following:

Start Menu> open All Programs> open Accessories> right click the Command Prompt> select 'Run as Administrator'.
    And after this, in the prompt type the following command and hit enter:
    sfc /scannow. After this process completed then type exit and then pres enter.

After doing this all things, do as:
    Click the Start Menu> and click Computer> then left click Local Disc C once to highlight it> after this right click Local Disc C and select Properties> then Click the Tools tab and then click the button to 'Check the Drive for Errors'
    And this will need to restart the windows itself more times. Hope that these help you to resolve the problem.

Some times when this issue occurs at that time I can hear crackling noise from the speakers. And also at that time only the screen freezes, num lock and cap lock lights blick. And when I get the problem at that time I have to hold the power button for rebooting the system. Yes, I tried with all the suggestion and then I found that no failure logs or evident issues. What can I do now?? Please reply.

When it happens again, see if you can match the sequence of 'blinks' to those shown on the table below.

Try with this, hope that this helps you to figure out that what problem is causing in your case. Reply me back about this.

Hey dude, thanks for replying me about this. Next time when I get this problem at that time I will watch the lights. Now I am feeling that it is the system board as the actions and then the sound too. But I am not sure about this. Thanks for that again.

I can say over here that the notebook can still boot and still I can surely say that there are suspected corruption in the bios. And for getting this problem I am thinking here that to have a re-flash it with the latest version will be the suggestion. Can you here please tell me about the following things? I have tried with the all thee suggestion which you have suggested in the above all post but there also I fund that this is still not helping me to get resolve the problem. What to do now? Anyone else having the suggestion about this?? if yes, then please reply me back about this. And thanks for helping me in this case.

Yes, I checked for this and there I found that LT has the current BIOS version but still I have just re-flashed it anyway. And this thing again happens to me in this morning only when I first boot up it wants to fail many times, so its getting worse. Still I am not having any suggestion for resolving this, each time I have to only restart the system. When I checked for this at that time I get that I have the HP tools partition, and this is having Bios version as F.13. And also I found that all partition are working very fine after I run the compmgmt.msc. Thanks for helping me about this. for the above user, I will say you that you should also try with running the compmgmt.msc and see what is happening to cause you the problem.

After reading your al the post over here I can say that in your case, you are having the problem with the lap5top only. Since this is one year old then for that you will need to contact with the HP service center and hope that they will help in your case. reply back if they helped you to configure the problem.

Hey all, I was also having the same problem and for getting resolve the problem, I tried with the so many of the suggestion but still it seems that I am not able to resolve the lock up problem. After coming here I came to know that here also the user is having the problem related with the HP Pavilion dv7 3160 lock up. I tried with all the suggestion over here, and found that this is working very fine for me. Thanks for suggesting us about this all.

No dude, I don’t think that there is any way to replace the license key. And if you are missing the product information then for that reason you can also try with checking the box of your machine. I am not sure, but hope that this box contains the product number and other information also. Reply me back if there you get the suggestion about this.