Thread: Differences in AT&T phone model and unlocked/unbranded model of HTC titan

Differences in AT&T phone model and unlocked/unbranded model of HTC titan

Hi, I am about to buy a HTC titan for myself but still I am quite confused between the thing i have mentioned in the title as what could be the difference between the model as one of is from at&t and another one is unlocked/ unbranded model? So according to guys which one would be better to have? Nevertheless, I am trying to figure out if there is some advantage to getting the AT&T variant over the unlocked, unbranded model. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

re: Differences in AT&T phone model and unlocked/unbranded model of HTC titan

simply the things are quite cleared as the phone will be unlocked with the network that’s AT&T if you buy phone from there and other one will be able to make use of any other network operator.

The only dissimilarity is it would be SIM locked for their network only the unlocked will work on moreover telus or at&t without problem, you could work on SIM unlocking the at&t version and that might be a little worrying, I could be incorrect but telus and at&t are endorsing FAUX G which is still using 3g with enlarged speed boost if I am getting this right, hspa+. so the hardware is the similar with a number of negligible cosmetic dissimilarity (carrier branding vs none) the OS and UI with msft severe requirements will be pretty much the similar and you could effortlessly uninstall carrier bundled applications, since you do live in Canada I would just get the unlocked euro one, you will and I do become aware of that it switches from H to 3G and then E for Edge each now and then, but if you know how to do it obtain the at&t version and SIM unlock it

- Well, the unlocked unbranded version Utilizes 3G on 850/900/2100 MHZ whereas AT&T exercises 850/1900 MHZ. It come into sight to me that I'm getting HSPA on my Titan, but not HSPA+, but I haven't in reality experienced it very much. You'll have to make sure what Telus make use of for HSPA+ to ensure if that will work.

Holding down the Windows and Start push button carry on the Microsoft Tell me voice activated stuff. It works very well, but the lady has a British accent. This isn't a big deal.

The charger that ships with the unlocked version is the British Standards 1363 plug. Mine also had a BS 1363 to NEMA 5 adapter, but it was divide from the box, so I think the corporation I bought from, eXpansys, threw that in at no cost, Off course it comprises a micro USB charging cable, so any computer USB port or USB wall charger would work, even if you can't employ the built-in charger.

The most important advantage of an unbranded device is that you are not dependent relative on the operator for updates. Unbranded phones are frequently easier to root (no messing with gold cards). by means of an unlocked GSM phone is uncomplicated as you just put in any SIM card. For CDMA phone is almost certainly more complicated as the operator may just decline to activate it.

see this is not the way you have mentioned because I have a locked and branded T-Mobile phone, but I did not purchased it beneath contract, so neither of those poll options quite well for me.

As for me, I'm beneath T-Mobile's Even More Plus plan, which provides me their lowest rates and doesn't comprise a contract but that also means I'm not qualified for phone upgrades, so I have to purchase off-contract phones at any time I desire to upgrade. This works out well again in the long run though because I can either finance a phone bought through T-Mobile by just adding a little extra to my phone bill and paying it off bit by bit, or I can shop approximately for a superior deal elsewhere on a T-Mobile-compatible phone.

I observe that on the box for the AT&T model it shows 4G well-suited which is cool. So I would suppose that using it on TELUS would also provide me 4G speeds. On the specifications for the unlocked model, it only shows 3G so I'm speculating if that's not completely factual. I also read somewhere HTC may have incorporated Beats technology in the AT&T version but I doubt it because I haven't heard something else about that.

I think I'd like better an unbranded model over the AT&T one but also doubting if anything comes bundled as well that might create one better over the other. Also are the hardware specs the same?

See i would rather prefer to choose the Unlocked rather than from the AT&T if you are not from the US or UK, because you’ll get very good tariff plans with that operator but it is next to worthless if you are not from the US.

Re: Differences in AT&T phone model and unlocked/unbranded model of HTC titan

I have a SAMSUNG FOCUS S and i get and clearly connected on my phone 4G from TELUS, unless otherwise focus S marked 4G instead of 3G.