Thread: HP Pavilion DV6-1234NR shows Hard Drive Not Exist

HP Pavilion DV6-1234NR shows Hard Drive Not Exist

For weeks at the moment I was having troubles with my laptop. while I did that hard drive test it says Hard Drive Not Exist Im now trying to bring back my laptop to its unusual setting. I get in touch with HP as I was have troubles. At begin it said BOOTMGR is Missing so they mail me the recovery disc. And I receive the disc just on Wednesday and . It was operational okay so I gone it running the after that day. subsequently day come it showed 12% has been finished so I did nottouched it then . after 8+ hours it still shows 12% finished. I call HP service center told me that it was usual that I should leave it long as it would corrupt the hard drive. So after that day it was still viewing 12%. Long story short I restarted the process the whole thing was operational okay. Hours later similar thing occur however this time it stopped up at 29%, yet again I left it alone till the after that day and at rest shows 29%. get in touch with HP now they said they said the disc is almost certainly ruined and that they'll send me a fresh one. I send my information to them then I got another email stating before they can send me a substitute disc that I must do the hard drive test. as well as when I did that I get "Hard Drive Not Exist"

I also attempt to recovery my laptop with no the disc and this is what I acquire:
    Code:
    Boot Device Not Found
    Please install an operating system on your hard disk
    Hard Disk (3F0)
    F2 System Diagnostic
    For more information, please visit www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup

Is that now I require to change the hard drive? I just used this laptop for two weeks opening from when I primary purchase it which be Aug. 01, 2009 and previously having problems. I never had troubles with my Dell laptop I buy the HP brand fresh from a retail store.

Re: HP Pavilion DV6-1234NR shows Hard Drive Not Exist

You can confirm that your motherboard is still working by make use of a Linux Live distribution, Download the live distort of your preference plus burn the OS to a CD. It will load and not bother the contents of your hard disk. Like Ubuntu. If your notebook boots up into Linux after that your motherboard is ok.

Alright I download one of the live distro, loaded into my notebook and it works immense. Does that signify I have to reinstate my hard drive? Or is there a technique I can repair it?

if you familiar with the maker of your hard drive you be able to go to the drive manufacturer website plus download one of their hard drive utilities. I extremely advise doing that.The manufacturer's utility will give you absolute in sequence on the state of your hard disk. a few of the utilities can low level format a drive and rescue it, however don't count on that experience. That is why a laptop manufacturer wills just change the drive if it is still within guarantee. It is sensibly easy to get rid of the hard disk and see what the brand is. to the extent that fixing the hard disk...that is out of the inquiry. If the manufacturer utility tell you it is faulted , that is like a coroner say a person deceased. .

I hope that you complete an HP System recovery cd set. If you contain a set then it is usually easy to return your laptop to OEM state.

HP mail me the recovery disc. I be in the process of building one, got an error, resume. Than without warning I get a black screen saying BOOTMGR is Missing I try the revival disc however it froze quite a lot of times. My laptop is still under I just got it previous month. I'm almost certainly going to have to have them change the hard drive. afraid to send my laptop in for maintenance as I heard/read stuff about HP..LOL

I got a free of charge promotion to Windows 7 from purchasing the processor do you think that will resolve my hitch? Just wondering as I keep getting a display when no disc is loaded to install an operating system. If that's the case then I'm available to make use of Linux for the time being. I'm just operation it from a disc I haven't installed it to the hard drive.

If it is still under warranty why don’t you just I've decided to have it change. It's anyways.

Hey Installing Win7 would not assist as your hard disk has an problem. confidently you tested it as I optional.

By the way the thought for marking acknowledged solution is to mark the post which was the answer. It helps others who are seeking a answer for the similar or akin issue..