Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

BlackBerry Bold 9900 is not able to recognize media card

Portable Devices

Old 19-11-2011

BlackBerry Bold 9900 is not able to recognize media card

I have recently bought a BlackBerry Bold 9900 for myself and I am liking it as well but then the problem that has appeared to me know is that it is not recognizing the media card suddenly it was working fine for a week but the I don?t know what is wrong with it. I have been using my old memory card as I did not wanted to waste time in transferring the data that I had in it. I have not changed any settings as well. Any suggestion for this will be appreciated.

Old 19-11-2011

Re: BlackBerry Bold 9900 is not able to recognize media card

Quote:
I have recently bought a BlackBerry Bold 9900 for myself and I am liking it as well but then the problem that has appeared to me know is that it is not recognizing the media card suddenly it was working fine for a week but the I don?t know what is wrong with it. I have been using my old memory card as I did not wanted to waste time in transferring the data that I had in it. I have not changed any settings as well. Any suggestion for this will be appreciated.
I will suggest you to first check the media card you can just go in to the options and then go in to the Storage option and then check what you get and then let me know Media Card is not presently inserted in the device then I think that the media card might have been corrupted. Just check it out and then let me know what you get.
Old 19-11-2011

I have checked in the same and I have found the following:
Enable Compression: ON
Media Card Support: ON

Application Storage
Free Space: 177.0mb

Built-in Media Storage
Total Space: 6.2 GB
Free Space: 5.7 GB

Media Card storage

Media Card is not presently inserted in the device.
And now this is making me feel that the media card has been corrupted but then I really don?t want to lose the data in it.
Old 19-11-2011

Just try to perform this out if you have not and check if it is making any difference:
  • Take out the card
  • Take out the battery
  • Reboot the phone
  • Re-insert the card.
After that check again in the same location that you have checked previously and then see if you are getting the same message.
Old 19-11-2011

This is the very first common thing that I had tried and I will like to inform you that no matter how many times I have rebooted the phone I have got the same status that I have posted above and I have also tried to check out another media card and then it was able to recognize it properly so this is making me thing that there is something wrong with the media card itself but then I am worried about the data in it is there any chance of getting it back? Or is there anything that I can try to check it out rather than formatting as I said that I do not want to lose the data.
Old 19-11-2011

I will suggest you to try and connect it to the computer and then see if the computer is able to recognize the media card or not and you can also try to switch between the USB, Media Sync, Charge Only to check if they are giving any different response but then if you still have the same problem, I mean that if the computer and the phone are not able to recognize the media card than the card itself has got corrupted and you will have to replace it with a new one and I will also suggest you that when you get a media card then just format it through pc and then insert it in the phone and I am saying this because I do the same and this is also recommended by the experts as well.
Old 19-11-2011

You can also try to insert the card in the pc card reader and see if it is able to recognize it or not and if not then the card has been corrupted but if you want to retrieve the data back then there are a no of data recovery software that can help you out but first check it out and see if it is working when inserted in the card reader directly if you want you can use the external card reader or a laptop having a card reader will be a better choice to check it out.
Old 19-11-2011

Quote:
You can also try to insert the card in the pc card reader and see if it is able to recognize it or not and if not then the card has been corrupted but if you want to retrieve the data back then there are a no of data recovery software that can help you out but first check it out and see if it is working when inserted in the card reader directly if you want you can use the external card reader or a laptop having a card reader will be a better choice to check it out.
Hey thanks for your information guys I was able to get the media card recognized by the card reader and I have not used any external card reader as my brother laptop had a internal card reader and now I have copied all my content safely and I have formatted the media card as well and now it is working fine in the mobile. Really thanks for that solution.
Old 20-11-2011

I think that you were quite luck that your media card was faulty but then I was having the same kind of problem yesterday and after trying a lot of solution I was not able to get it work and today I went to the place where I had bought it and then I got it replaced because after they checked it they said that there was some problem with the phone and not the media card. I felt quite unlucky at that time but now after getting a replacement for the same I am happy again.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,