Thread: How to get USB Ports on ThinkPad Mini Dock Plus Series 3 with Lenovo Thinkpad W510

How to get USB Ports on ThinkPad Mini Dock Plus Series 3 with Lenovo Thinkpad W510

As per long title suggest I want to get multiple USB ports on my Lenovo Thinkpad W510 with the help of ThinkPad Mini Dock plus Series 3. This ThinkPad Mini Dock plus Series 3 is also known as 4338 Dock 3. I try this combination but it doesn’t work in proper directions. Can anybody help me to do this task? No power, no communications. When I try connecting the USB keyboard, it will be not work on them. The same thing happens with the RJ45 network connection. any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to get USB Ports on ThinkPad Mini Dock Plus Series 3 with Lenovo Thinkpad W510

Could you complete a full system update on your unit using the ThinkVantage tool. If not then definitely you need to try this tool on your laptop system. Lenovo ThinkVantage tools generate hard dollar savings and tools to help you set up, understand, maintain the network connection. a tool that thoroughly eliminates system corruptions in as little time as possible. Download innovative ThinkVantage Technologies which create a competitive advantage on your system. This is necessary if you want to connect the USB device to your laptop system.

Re: How to get USB Ports on ThinkPad Mini Dock Plus Series 3 with Lenovo Thinkpad W510

You need to perform downloading new firmware / BIOS and various drivers that helps to make these connections. Without help of this firmware, bios and latest driver, you can’t connect this usb dock to your system. Hence try this and check what result arrives onto your laptop system. This will be work surely on most of the situations.

If you have a USB UltraNav Keyboard connected to the 4338 USB ports and it refuses to work properly. In that case, you need to install the latest driver of this keyboard on your laptop system. So, this will be impact to connect the keyboard to this docking system and with the help of this keyboard you can interact with your laptop.

If the USB ports on the W510 on the left are ON when docked. In that case, i suggest to temporary disable this left side inbuilt USB port. Then check what result arrives onto your docking system. I am sure it gives you the different result.

The similar kind of situations happens in my laptop system, when I try to make connection with the usb docking system. I just changed my 4338 Dock 3 with a new 4338 dock 3 and this new one has worked perfectly. You can also try these solutions if possible. If this will be not work, I would be given you the advice that try to take advice of the official site expert. Expert has complete knowledge about it and they definitely gives you the details about it. hence try this and check its valuable result on your system.