Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad T400 - 2504 docking station not working on Windows 7

Lenovo ThinkPad T400 - 2504 docking station not working on Windows 7

I buy this laptop in last month and by default it will be come with 2504 docking station. It is running windows 7 Ultimate with smooth manner. Now when I try to connect some USB port devices, it doesn’t able to detect this USB devices. What should I do to fix this issue? Has anyone else seen this issue, then please share your experience? Thanks.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T400 - 2504 docking station not working on Windows 7

You can try to update the BIOS version to the latest version. you can check the latest compatible version of this Lenovo ThinkPad T400 on customer support site of Lenovo. I can say that this is the best site of checking compatibility issue and also helps to perform the downloading task on it. I would be say that try this thing and locate what happening on your laptop. I hope that this latest bios version detect this connected usb device on docking stations.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahalingam View Post
    You can try to update the BIOS version to the latest version. you can check the latest compatible version of this Lenovo ThinkPad T400 on customer support site of Lenovo. I can say that this is the best site of checking compatibility issue and also helps to perform the downloading task on it. I would be say that try this thing and locate what happening on your laptop. I hope that this latest bios version detect this connected usb device on docking stations.
    Similar kind of issues arriving onto my Lenovo laptop. It worked fine with windows XP but after clean installation of windows 7, suddenly none of the USBs ports work. Then I install docking stations compatible driver on safe mode. This will be work and now all the USB ports works proper way. You can also do this task. Hope you got best result.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha View Post
    Similar kind of issues arriving onto my Lenovo laptop. It worked fine with windows XP but after clean installation of windows 7, suddenly none of the USBs ports work. Then I install docking stations compatible driver on safe mode. This will be work and now all the USB ports works proper way. You can also do this task. Hope you got best result.
    You can also try to disconnecting the usb cable and reconnect it. might be possible that this rebooting process works to fix your connection problem. also you need to check the device you selected for connection purpose is being work on any other system or not. Might be possible that problem present on this usb devices.

Bios are updated and Windows 7 is the final release but the USBs still do not work. Then I simply try to run System Update 4.0 and in result all the usb port of this docking station have been detect its connected devices. You can try this and check what result arrives onto it. Changing bios settings also makes a proper impact but result will be depends upon the conditions. Hence I would be say that try this simple thing and check what result arrives onto it.