Thread: Help - Need Linux compatible Bios update on Lenovo Ideapad S205

Help - Need Linux compatible Bios update on Lenovo Ideapad S205

I buy this Lenovo Ideapad S205 laptop in last month and it works well. It is an 11.6" premium netbook with a long battery life, 3G connections, and AMD Dual Core E-350 processor. The Ideapad S205 is a stylish traveling companion for routine computing. Yesterday I try to find out the linux compatible bios version for this laptop and I search a lot but didn’t get any positive result. Can anybody help me to find out this latest bios update of the laptop which is compatible with linux system?

Re: Help - Need Linux compatible Bios update on Lenovo Ideapad S205

I have tried to install Linux mint 11.10, done mounting and binding of the HDD and root then installing GRUB. All are works fine and mostly important that there is not any single message arrives at the time of doing this task. Hence I think there is no need to first update this existing system bios to proper linux compatible version. this is my own experience. You can also try this simple thing on your laptop and then check what result arrives onto it. might be there is no need to do this process during this linux installation process.

Re: Help - Need Linux compatible Bios update on Lenovo Ideapad S205

Linux works fine on the S205. I also use the Ubuntu 11.10 on my Lenovo S205 laptop without doing any bios update task. I use dual boot OS strategy over this laptop and now all are working great onto it. You can also try this linux distro on your laptop system. I hope that this will be works well and then it nothing gives any bios update notification message. For more information contact the official site of the Lenovo as well as read more about this linux system. Also you can take help of the linux consumer support or submit them request regarding this bios update issue.