Thread: Does GPS navigation affected without compass as it is not in HTC radar

Does GPS navigation affected without compass as it is not in HTC radar

Hi, i just wanted to know some facts about the GPS functionality because after some days i am planning to buy this HTC radar but still because of some limitations i am quite upset with the phone. i have heard that the phone won’t comprises any digital compass in the phone thus please let me know whether this thing will affect the performance of the GP while navigating? Do we must have to have this compass in order to navigate on the maps? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Does GPS navigation affected without compass as it is not in HTC radar

As the extent to i know the thing that you have mentioned that’s the compass which will surely help you enhance your navigation experience but still it is not like that as you must have to have it in your phone or else the entire navigation will be stop so just chill dude. According to me you should get the phone as i am also having the same and everything seems to be working fine in the phone though haven’t checked the navigation yet but i am quite sure about this.

i am agree with the above user as you should get the phone because whatever thing you concern about the phone is quite incredible and which make it run good.

And yeah you are right as the phone don’t have any such compass included but still i have used the GPS navigation it works flawlessly.

In fact you have option over here, see i believe that it is depends upon the application that we use to use in the phone in order to navigate. Thus if you are using any good application so obviously you’ll get very good result. Among the one known to me i would like to recommend you that you should have Sygic: GPS Navigation install in your phone for accurate root navigation as i have used the application and which works very good.

i am pretty much agree with the above user and would say mine navigates just fine, the only thing that drives me crazy is the Outlook sync.

see i believe that it is depends upon the application that we use to use in the phone in order to navigate. Thus if you are using any good application so obviously you’ll get very good result.
    Well thanks for the suggestion mentioned above but still will you please let me know what are other application that i can use over here apart from the one you have mentioned because am planning to test them all with my upcoming phone, and most importantly please mentioned from where can i download those applications?

Though there are very good applications for the GPS navigation such as Waze: Community GPS navigation and Sygic: GPS Navigation and GPS Status & Toolbox, etc. but still over here i would like to recommend you that you should try to make use of Google Maps on your phone and then see the performance of the navigation in your phone. and off course you can download it from the android market itself. See i have mentioned some of the good feature of the application i have mentioned so that you can have better idea about the same.

Features.

*Navigation: Free, voice-guided GPS navigation system

*Places: Find, rate, and get recommendations for places

*Latitude: See friends on the map and check in at places

Get the application from here.