Thread: wireless tethering not working on Motorola droid razr

wireless tethering not working on Motorola droid razr

Hi, i am having Motorola droid razr and which yesterday i was trying tethering with the router but the mobile hotspot seems to time out every 10 seconds. it will lode a web site more often than not half way previous to my data just drops to 0 kb/s and the consequence is like I have about 4 bars of lte. I am not sure how do i get it resolved, I have tried turning it on and off and rebooting but nothing seems to help this issue. And sometimes it happens as i have to simply reboot the phone as it stuck at the screen. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: wireless tethering not working on Motorola droid razr

see generally when we root the mobile the very important thing is like we should always make sure whichever ROM we installed in the mobile is actually compatible with the phone, or else sometimes it happens as we can make use of almost all the functions but still some of them remains just and exception. Thus i generally suggest all the people to not to root the phone, thus if you have done it already then make sure the ROM you are using working properly and is compatible with the phone or else it would be better if you simply Unroot the device.

have you ever rooted the phone? Because for that you need to have some different settings and in fact sometimes this couldn’t work with the rooted devices however. Anyways see i have mentioned some of the technique through whiny can make sure what could be the problem in your case.
    • - First of all you need to download the application called WIFI tether from here.

• android-wifi-tether.googlecode.com/files/wifi_tether_v3_1-beta6.apk

• - Then all the settings will be configured properly once again, and while doing this make sure all the settings are perfectly made to the device similarly in the router as well.

• - While entering the SSID, you can simply contact your ISP for the same, in fact the whole configuration can be done by them.

And you are just ready to use the WIFI tethering but still, this was concerning other application but when it comes to other application you should make sure whether they are working perfectly or not, or else you should simply reinstall those application in your device see what happens.

i would like to recommend you that you should try to reset the firmware of the product you are having and then see what happens, because i think there could be some problem with the firmware you are using, because as far as android devices are concern there isn’t any need of any other application installed in the phone for using tethering. Thus i would say rather than making use of any other application you should try to reset the firmware of the phone and then see what happens.

I am quite sure as soft resetting will be enough but still if you pursuing the same problems then you can have option for the hard resetting as well and be aware as after hard resetting all your data will be wiped out from the device thus it would be better if you make a back up first and then only proceed with the same.

have you ever tried to reinstall the firmware in the device? i would like to suggest you that if resetting wont help you then you should go with the firmware reinstallation.

i think you should try to visit the service center and let them aware about the same, because it seems like there could be some problem with the device hardware rather than the firmware. Because see as mentioned above reinstallation of the firmware is the last sort of solution to each problem which were actually regarding the software’s. see i used to do the same thing whenever anything happens to my mobile phone and over here you can have very good option like as you have mentioned that you have bought the phone just now only so obviously it will be in the warranty period so the service regarding the device will be free of cost.

have you ever tried resetting the router firmware in the mobile? if not then i would like to suggest you that you should at least do that as well and see what happens.

Apart from there is another option as well like if you are using WPA settings then you should try to check box saying "Skip wpa_supplicant" and they try again.

i was also thinking about same because whatever mentioned above is been already tried by me but still no LUCK as having same problem with the tethering. Anyway thanks for the suggestion.