Thread: Lenovo Ideapad S10-3T - How to rotate the screen on running Ubuntu 11.10

Lenovo Ideapad S10-3T - How to rotate the screen on running Ubuntu 11.10

I purchase this Lenovo Ideapad S10-3T laptop in last week and now I am facing issue on it. When I try to rotate the screen of this laptop, it will be not rotating. It mostly happens because of the Ubuntu 11.10 OS present on my laptop. I need help to fix this rotating problem. Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Lenovo Ideapad S10-3T - How to rotate the screen on running Ubuntu 11.10

To change either of these options, click the icon on the very right of the panel and click System Settings-> Hardware->Displays. There is rotating display option present on this opened dialog box. You need to select appropriate rotating display option and check its result on screen. Try this simple thing and check what result arrives onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by robot.txt View Post
    To change either of these options, click the icon on the very right of the panel and click System Settings-> Hardware->Displays. There is rotating display option present on this opened dialog box. You need to select appropriate rotating display option and check its result on screen. Try this simple thing and check what result arrives onto it.
    You just need to add one line to your xorg.conf file. This line is to be as Option "RandRRotation" "on". This line will be work to fix this rotating issue. Hence find out this file on your setup folder of the Ubuntu OS and check its number of lines. If you found this line, just set this option to “on”. This simple way to fix the rotating issues on Ubuntu OS.

You can rotate the screen with the xrandr command. For doing this task on Ubuntu you need to first open the terminal and then run the below mentioned commands with their respective instructions.
    To flip the screen upside down: xrandr -o inverted
    To rotate left: xrandr -o left
    To go back to normal: xrandr -o normal
    To rotate right: xrandr -o right

For doing the same task in different way you can necessary to first open the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file in a text editor as root using below command.
    gksu gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    then set the Option "RandRRotation" to "true". It works to rotate the screen of the laptop system.