Thread: GPS on Lenovo Ideapad s10-3T

GPS on Lenovo Ideapad s10-3T

The Global Positioning System (GPS) is a space-based global navigation satellite system (GNSS). I need any software that workf like GPS on this Lenovo Ideapad s10-3T laptop. I purchase this laptop in six month before and now want to run any software that looks like GPS. Can any person already do this on their Lenovo laptop? If yes, please share your valuable reviews here. Thanks in advance.

Re: GPS on Lenovo Ideapad s10-3T

you can press Fn-F5 and see if there's a GPS settings available onto it. by default in widnows based system, there is GPS software available. You need to check this simple thing and get what result comes with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatien View Post
    you can press Fn-F5 and see if there's a GPS settings available onto it. by default in widnows based system, there is GPS software available. You need to check this simple thing and get what result comes with us.
    There is no GPS setting in Fn+F5 and hence You can download VisualGPS to try it. it can be look like GPS software. It display graphically specific NMEA 0183 sentences and show the effects of selective availability. We provide quality software and services specializing in graphical user interface and GPS technology for different portable devices. Hence I would be saying that this is best software for you to provide the corresponding solutions and its related configuration. Download VisualGPS - A utility for monitoring the output of a GPS receiver. Then install it on your laptop system as per the mentioned process on it. This is best and it will be work to do the similar Global Positioning system type of task.

You can also try AzureWave BCM4750 GPS USB module on this Lenovo laptop. I already try this and get positive result. You need to check its performance on your Lenovo Ideapad s10-3T laptop. The BCM4750 is a single-chip, single-die GPS receiver IC fabricated on 90-nm RFCMOS technology. It seems there is better than the other mentioned software.

VisualGPS (Freeware) incorporates few features and they are Azimuth and Elevation Graph, Survey, Signal Quality/SNR Window, Navigation, NMEA Command Monitor etc. GPS Signal is auswerten mit FreeGPS und Visual GPS under Windows 7. Hence I would be say that try to do this software installation on your laptop.

The GPS is a satellite-based navigation system including of a network of 24 orbiting satellites. i have spoken to Lenovo about it and they say that the card should not have been fitted as it is unsupported. Expert suggests me to use the VisualGPS software on this laptop system. This will be work to fix the corresponding problem onto the Lenovo laptop system. It compatible with Windows 2000 sp4, Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7 as well as GPS Receiver connected to a RS-232 port with NMEA 0183 output. Hence try to do this simple process and notice its performance.

VisualGPS program is a 32 bit program developed for Windows 2000, XP and Vista system and is freeware with no extra downloading charge for it. you can easily get this software if you want to install this freeware. Hence I would be saying that try this simple thing and check its response on your laptop system.

I've been seriously considering Navigon. Navigon AG is a Hamburg, Germany-based manufacturer of GPS devices and GPS navigation software. NAVIGON has recently released its first iPhone navigation application for the Indian market with NAVTEQ maps. Satellite navigation software provider Navigon has announced the first on-board navigation app for Windows 7 laptop. Learn more about NAVIGON MobileNavigator India on the App Store. Check its detail and locate its compatibility with your Lenovo laptop.

Go to the control panel -> Location and Other Sensors and enable the Broadcom GPS location sensor. This simple thing in Lenovo Ideapad s10-3T laptop has been provide the opportunity to access the GPS type of facility. You can check it and locate what result arrives onto it. in that if the Broadcom GPS location sensor is not enable you need to enable it.