Thread: Windows XP Pro SP3 hotkeys not working in Lenovo Ideapad S205

Windows XP Pro SP3 hotkeys not working in Lenovo Ideapad S205

I buy this Lenovo Ideapad S205 netbook and initially it contains windows 7 starter OS. At the time of buying, dealer say that this netbook also compatible with windows xp pro sp3. Hence two days before, I did this windows xp pro sp3 installation on this laptop. all functions work properly except hotkeys. When I try to press "Fn + Cursor up UP" - increase the brightness of the display; or "Fn + F6" - enabling / disabling the touchpad; or something like that then this laptop system doesn’t do any respective actions onto it. Can anybody help me to fix this hot keys problem? All the remaining functions work correctly. Hence please suggest me solutions that only work to fix and not arriving any other problem. Thanks.

Re: Windows XP Pro SP3 hotkeys not working in Lenovo Ideapad S205

You can try to uninstall Lenovo power management, restart your computer, re-install it. So do Lenovo with its own power management. This power management reinstallation is simple process that works most of the time to avoid such hot keys not working problem. Hence try to do this simple process and check what result arrives onto it.

you should check the "utlity" option. If it is checked then only try this simple power management reinstallation task on this alptop system, otherwise all will be not working in right directions. For doing this task, you need to first go to the task manager and check that te utility option is activate or not. If it is activate then only try to do this power management reinstallation task on your Lenovo system. This is best for you.

can you check the issue if persists on safe mode? If not you need to just start the laptop system in safe mode and then try to do this hot key not working task on your laptop system. at start-up press f8 and select safe mode option to load safe mode onto your Lenovo laptop. Try this simple safe mode with hot keys and check its result.

You might use the 'System restore' utility option that helps to restore Windows XP in your Lenovo Ideapad S205. This policy that works most of the time when user try different things onto there laptop but it didn’t work in proper direction. Restoring setting of the laptop system will be possible with the help of already created restore point. You can use this restore point and after that use this point to restore your laptop system configurations and its respective setting. Windows XP pro will also provide you details about this system restore and the steps to do this task are very simple in win xp. You can do this with the help of windows explorer help menu.

Lenovo Energy Management Software is recently available on this Lenovo Ideapad S205 netbook. You can download and install this software on your laptop and use it for power management and maintaining the hotkeys and its performance. Try this simple thing and check what result arrives onto it. If this software is updated to version 3.02 or higher, it is also required to update the Access Connections and Power Manager Software onto it. This is well for solving your complicated task onto it. hence try to do this simple process onto your laptop system and check what result arrives onto it.

For checking the hotkeys option enable on your laptop, you go to Lenovo Tools -> Power Functions. In that there is hot keys enable option. You need to enable this option. You get result after doing this task.

The reinstallation might not always work, as once you uninstall a hotkey, the registry entry might still stay on right locations. In that case, you need to first try to do the uninstall hotkey’s onto it and then remove all the backup folder and files onto this laptop. then reboot system and try for installing the hot keys onto it. this process will be work to fix issue if the problem arrives because of bad setup files use for hotkeys installation on it.

I'm not sure if I understand this sentence completely, but if you look at the notes for the troubleshooting section of the Lenovo manual, you get same solutions. Manual of this laptop contains the troubleshooting section that work to provide the number of issues over this laptop and their respective solutions onto it. hotkey features integration is happen at the time of installing the windows based OS but in few cases, we need to install additional software for doing this task. This is necessary in your laptop system.

If you ask me, I will suggest to you that try to install the HotKey Utility 3.09 version onto it. This is necessary when the current version of the hotkeys not working properly. Yes, the windows based OS by default install hotkey software onto it. but when we faced such troubles, there is necessary to do this task of doing the download and install the HotKey Utility 3.09 version onto Lenovo laptop.

I also faced similar issues on this similar configuration laptop system. Then I read few articles and one is mentioned that try to remove battery of laptop and insert it. I would just like to thank whosoever came up with removing the battery idea.. just works like a charm. This is best way to fix issue. There is no need to do any complicated bios update task on it. Hope this helps.