Thread: Android OS (gingerbread 2.3.5) consumes 35% of battery in Motorola droid razr

Android OS (gingerbread 2.3.5) consumes 35% of battery in Motorola droid razr

Hi, i am quite former user of Motorola devices and have used so many mobile from the same brand but still never yet got any such problem with the phone like with this mobile sometimes i can see that the mobile’s OS consumes almost 30 to 35% of battery. I would say this should not be the normal behavior, isn’t it? Is there anybody over here having same phone? Please let me know what could be the problem with the phone, why such a huge battery consumption? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Android OS (gingerbread 2.3.5) consumes 35% of battery in Motorola droid razr

off course this is not that good, yeah it happens sometimes when we make use of any such application or other rich with the mobile but after closing that the OS battery consumption becomes quite lower. I would like to suggest you that if you are using any such application in your mobile then make sure you are closing it rather than being idle or keeping then running in background.

Because see this is an obvious thing like if suppose you are keeping any application running in background will let the OS busy each and every time will possible cause the issue you are having, and this could be dangerous as well, like after sometime you may got battery regarding issues. Thus make sure there isn’t any such content running, because as the extent to i know the OS never keep consuming such battery from the mobile until and unless we make it busy.

Re: Android OS (gingerbread 2.3.5) consumes 35% of battery in Motorola droid razr

well, according to me you should try to keep as less as possible ICONS on the home screen and then see the performance, because with all this things CPU and the OS keeps busy and they might be result in higher battery consumption.

i am completely agree with the above user but still there could be some other possible reasons as well, like there could be some problem because of the firmware which is installed in the mobile. it might be possible that it could be corrupted and that’s why it must be consuming more battery by keeping the CPU busy each and every time.

Thus i would like to recommend you that you should try to reset the firmware once and then see what happens, and though there is two of doing the same like soft resetting and hard resetting but i would like to suggest you that you should try with the hard resetting and then see what happens. Because as you do this, the mobile will restore the factory data in your mobile and all other data will be wiped out from the device which will also make a performance hike in the device.

But before continuing for the same, i would like to request you that make backup of important data because the process will wiped out everything and will restore the factory data replacing the existing one.

Though i am agree with the above user but still i generally prefers to reinstall the firmware in the mobile rather than resetting the firmware, so off course this would be the next step to you if resetting couldn’t help you any way.

see once i was also having the same problem with the phone and changing my WiFi policy to “Never” has fixed the issue thus i would like to recommend you the same thing as you should try to keep the settings to “never”.

Just go to Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> WiFi Settings, Hit the menu button, and select Advanced. As soon as you got the newer screen you need to Click Wi-Fi sleep policy and a dialog box appears and over here You should observe “Never” when plugged in is currently selected. And i am sure after doing this all the issue will be resolved.

Apart from this there is another symptom as well for the same as you should try to stop the “smart actions’ if you don't use it.

see i would like to recommend you that you should try to visit the service center once for the same if you are having the same problem with the phone, because i think that’s the only source remain which may help you.