Thread: Is the Wolfson or Yamaha DAC in Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket i727

Is the Wolfson or Yamaha DAC in Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket i727

Hi all as the title reads do i really need one? I’m no expert about this issue but I need to some addiotnal information about this smartphone. Should be this smartphone contains the Wolfson or Yamaha DAC. These both are floating point digital-to-analog converter chip. I've tested both options, but it's not quite easy to make a difference between them. Has anyone figured if the DAC inside is a Wolfson or (shudder) Yamaha? Thanks.

Re: Is the Wolfson or Yamaha DAC in Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket i727

I'll need to double-check tonight, but 90% certain it's Yamaha. Few sites has ve to be sure that the useful chip on the smartphone is being used there own part but the final statement is to be manufacturer of the mobile phone. you can directly contact them if possible and get more relative information about it.

I contact the official site expert person and ask them about this issue. The Wolfson website states that a version on the SII uses their DAC. Wolfson Microelectronics is a global leader in the supply of high performance mixed-signal semiconductors. Hence I think this is constructed with the help of the Wolfson chip on the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket i727 mobile phone.

I know you’re probably right. But I think the final correct thing about this is being provided by the official site manufacturer of the Samsung smartphone. It means that this is still up in the air. Need an official teardown. Official expert provide you more details about it. you can also get its information on the manual of the smartphone.