Thread: How to Change APN settings in Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket i727 ?

How to Change APN settings in Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket i727 ?

At the time of starting Skyrocket I observed that my data was very inconsistent. The problem is that it is unable for me to work as it is not allowing me to open certain websites and I was unable to connect speedtest.net app. At the time when I looked into the APN settings it denoted the reverse "PTA". I found out that it was related to the new LTE network. Also I do not stay close to a LTE area. So finding on net at&t hspa+ settings and found some sites giving the settings for hspa+ and mms. I rebooted my Skyrocket later. Can anyone find for me

Re: How to Change APN settings in Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket i727 ?

I am providing a temporary solution for this problem. The reason behind this is At&t. I recommend you just make sure of your plan. I have seen some unlimited plan but it consists of restrictions impulse. The 2GB data plan was supposed to provide free streaming, search etc. but it didn’t exists.

I can definitely say that Data speeds differ in their speeds so widely with enormous factors. You cannot rely on The "speedtest" apps as they are less convinient, try taking test for some repeated times and you will observe the difference. There are huge variations in the results. And also it is unable for you to obtain true results based on the second download. The resuls vary at the time when I get 10ms ping and later at the second time after just 5 seconds later I get 9,500ms.

Yes I also observed that the speedtest is of no use. I can understand in the case where you are taking test for a longer time, but in the case where you are taking test after some few seconds the results shound’nt vary. At Once I get .2Kbps and just after5 seconds the results which I get is 9MBps download. So it came to my notice that there is a huge difference in the speed. I can say that Most of these speed test results are totally worthless as they will differ from one SECOND to the next.

Just make a call to the AT&T and tell them about the in-convenience, pressure them to cancel their service and switch to Verizon for an LTE network which provides faster and spread out more like something. They will take into notice this complain and will come to some agreement.

I am on an an unlimited plan and didn’t seem to appear an issue earlier and my data was consistent. It was all possible with the APN. It seemed about websites and facebook didn’t seem to refresh and the issue with the speedtest.net app was not accruable and it didn’t connected in any ways. It was not able to find a connection. But working with my wifi everything is working perfectly. I did not deleted the APN stock so when it appears, I reverse back to my normal CONSISTANT bandwidth. And I’m achieving faster speeds which I didn’t experience previously.