Thread: Why Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket i727 HSUPA is disabled?

Why Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket i727 HSUPA is disabled?

I recently got my skyrocket with HSUPA and at the time of running a few speed tests I'm noticing that the upload speed seems to be lacking. With the ookla speedtest app, I've reached up to 11 Mbps download but an average of less than 300 Kbps seems to upload. Someone as well experiencing this?

Re: Why Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket i727 HSUPA is disabled?

I don't have the skyrocket, but in a ideal place I'll get 1.5Mbps upload on HSPA+. Generally approximately 8 - 9 Mbps. I think 300kbps appears to be low, but it is not uncommon for several areas. This is AT&T for you. Those which are making use of Verizon LTE get around between 5-10Mbps upload.

There is no network issue, previous to this I had a nexus and I was receiving 1.5 Mbps upload from the exact same location from which I used to test it.

I think that I would check myself twice with the build.prop file in /system for some ro.ril settings similar to ro.ril.hsxpa. I suppose that these files possibly won’t exist on a stock rom and if something like this exists still it could be wrong. If problem similar to this appears try forcing those settings. If it is unable to perform the settings option, perform a google search seeing the meaning if you don't know already.

An extra thing which you can check is to make sure of att provisioning of the data in a proper manner. I had a blackberry prior to my gs2 and was receiving just 3g speeds when I was actually on a 4g plan. Att was really expressive and after having a reboot, my downloads were sped up after.

The downloading speeds depend on the number of users logged in and the traffic. So your download speed may matter in some case so there is no particular answer about the downloading of files. As you said that you tested your speed, it might also that the app not working properly or not recognizing the speed.

The app which you mentioned i.e. ookla speedtest app it is quite able to find the speed and in good terms a speed test app. But it does not actually apply to your system. It depends on the network, and the plan you are opted for. According to all your mentioned speed after test you have a major collapse of speed. It seems to be quite awful. The speed is quite slow. I would suggest you to come out of the test and actually perform some downloading of videos or stuff. By performing this, you will be sure to it. If everything is working fluently there is no requirement of speed test.

When someone knows about the speed test, they try on and lose themselves with bad results. Sometimes they may come across good results, but it is not quite sure of the downloading speed by testing through these means. Or just try with some other speed test and see the results.

I would recommend for SPEEDTEST app for testing your bandwidth other than the ookla speedtest app. if it works in this case the matter is solved. This is another smart app. Try to download it searching on the net. It is easily accessible.

The downloading speed may vary with your browser specific functions. With your default browser it will find something difficult to download. Try with another browser. Opera mini can be available option for you. Also the UC browser is smart way for accessing speeds. But I don’t understand a sudden fall of speed from 11 Mbps to 300 Kbps. I doubt if it is not the operating system faulty and the reason for the low speed.