Thread: Tablet for newbie under $200

Tablet for newbie under $200

I am planning to gift a tablet PC to my wife for her birthday. However she doesn’t have any kind of knowledge regarding this technology stuff. She is just a newbie and doesn’t know how to use Tablet pc. So I would like to give her easy usable tablet. It should have following features.
    Ereader
    Some web surfing
    A few games
    Wwatch videos/shows possibly but not a must.
    Which one do you recommend?

Re: Tablet for newbie under $200

To get straight to the point: This device is so far only in the U.S., which I think is a pity, because the details are not heard at times as bad, especially when the low price of $ 199.99 (approx. € 138) into consideration. This is perhaps not quite as good a deal as the HP TouchPad (which seems to be sold out by now), but it sounds interesting anyway.

Who inspects the technical data of the Kindle Fire may initially shake their heads. The Kindle Fire is a small tablet with the dimensions of the playbook of Blackberry-maker RIM. Its display has 1024 × 600 pixels, the size is 17.8 instead of the usual 25 inches. But you get a lightweight (415 grams, iPad: 600 grams) with high quality, scratch-resistant display and long battery life (8 hours). When the details are missing quite a bit. The Kindle Fire has no camera, no microphone and no mobile phone module. He comes into the net only with wireless LAN. The built-in memory is only 8 gigabytes in size and can not expand. Although Android is the operating system.

The electronics manufacturer ViewSonic it may in turn, with the ViewPad 7, a 7-inch tablet running Android 2.3 and for consumers who are unwilling or unable to spend between $ 400 and $ 1000 for a tablet. It is neither the most powerful device of its kind, nor the finest on the market, but for all who seek a terminal able to play media files, it will fill its office honorably.

The Canadian producer has designed the tablet DataWind the cheapest in the planet, the Ubislate7 . Presented in India, Android device is Rs 2999 ($ 60) and ought to be put on sale in early December.

In October, 100,000 copies of the tablet were distributed to Indian students as part of a government program, under the name of Aakash Tablet.

Amazon's Kindle Fire treads with a very different path than the market leader. Apple had originally created an ecosystem in order to sell its hardware, Amazon takes the hardware only, "to bring together the loose ends so far in the digital distribution of its products include: laying, selling and loaning of content on a mobile terminal. The Kindle tablet is no hardware that is ever intended as a revenue generator, but a means to an end. “Amazon takes on Apple So not only about the price of hardware, but also on the model of content distribution.

Freescale has announced via press release that in the summer of 2010 seems a Tablet PC. The reference design for tablet PCs to enable final products under $ 200. Thus wants Freescale between smartphones and netbooks position. According to Freescale , the 7-inch touchscreen (1,024 x 600 pixels), four times as large as a typical smartphone, the used form factor is however only a third the size and the volume of a current Netbooks claim.

The lesser-known companies in this country Pandigital (including the digital photo frame and eBook Reader offers) has now introduced three tablets with the Android operating system, which are highly favorable. "Planet," "Nova" and "Star" will be sold for under $ 200.

I was looking by the side of the Nook Color refurbs that save about $80 or else so at regarding $170 offer otherwise get. Furthermore the HP Touchpad as it as well seems to do the whole thing I want it to except just cant come across one up till now other than from what I’ve seen it will do the e reader object, web surf, allow me play some easy games and well that’s concerning it.

A Chinese Tablet can not compete directly with the iPhone or the Samsung Galaxy Tab, but for the money they have, I assure you it worthwhile. I've scrounged a happier recently and I can not. The performance is quite good and not slowed down at all as I have said above. In the case of the tablet which I have chosen, the Wits A81-E, the support of the company is excellent, often releasing new FIRMS that update and improve functionality. To say that in the past can be put up in our language. There is also a great community behind it, so ROMs are easily 'precooked' and much more.