Thread: Motorola Motoactv missing basic feature like Vibration alert

Motorola Motoactv missing basic feature like Vibration alert

OK, so the MotoACTV actually look amazing. It has the whole thing I wish for, for example, programmable intervals, GPS, and a few others, such as automatic synchronization WiFi for workouts. After looking through the full user guide look as if to be missing one very, extremely significant feature vibration alerts. Shows incoming messages or calls, by activating a notification light. From my previous experience BT see this not as useful in terms of what I knew of the input event as a vibrating alert. So really the case that the MotoACTV, with all its impressive specs, not to incorporate this very basic feature?

Re: Motorola Motoactv missing basic feature like Vibration alert

Yes, I know no vibration characteristic that I establish on the device or user manual. That said, you have three ways to be notified flashing LED, audible tone both the device MOTOACTV and the vibrating MOTO Smartphone.

I believe the vibration function is not included
    • Space saving
    • Reduce energy consumption.

The device is intended for only five hours of battery life fitness mode, which in some sessions long, long bicycle training may not be enough.

That's really a disgrace. Moto could have made a choice of on / off so that the user can decide. I used BT watches 4 years and the vibrating alert in conjunction with text display function is most useful for me. Useful for discrete and receive messages and choose whether to receive calls at meetings.

There is an option of audio tone that will inform you as well.

Yes I understand that, thank you. It just isn't as helpful. Different story all in all. The huge benefit of vibration is it's discreet other people aren't troubled by it.

I understand your disappointment. For MOTOACTV to receive notifications that must be paired with the phone, which means that the phone is close, which means you will feel your phone vibrate in your pocket that you can look at the device to see if it is a call or notification, and then decide whether to answer or ignore. If the MOTOACTV vibrate, it would buzz away two devices, which I suspect is not very discreet. What I mean?

I can keep my phone on silent, not vibrate most of the time, and feel the vibration on the wrist. It is much better than having the phone somewhere, either in a pocket or jacket, or on the table which is, you know . It is in direct contact with your skin so that it shows immediately. My wife, like many women, keeps your phone in your bag. Once she get BT clock with a vibrating alert rarely misses my calls, which was previously the case. There are other benefits too. Leave your phone, and walk too far, and BT device vibrates on your wrist to remind you

You will neber be familiar with the benefits unless you had used one. However, I hope that the excellent Moto engineers to know, especially if it had been any comparative devices, such as MBW-150/200 range, or the LiveView SE. There are many other types of devices. All MotoACTV lower than in all others. I expected it, because it has always been there as a basic characteristic of BT phones watches and wrist. To me, it's like having a new convertible car, with the most powerful engine, all extras, except for the windows do not relax, because after all who needs to wind the windows open when you can take the top off?

I have read this somewhere that the improved device would include vibration I am not sure but that was mention on that site hope its true

I could tell you that it was just a space limitation. There's simply so much that be able to be fit into a box of a specified size. Whether or not to take in a vibrate characteristic was a passionately debate subject, other than product size and additional feature options won that battle.

Who knows, if it's in the hardware platform, it may be there in a software update. Thank you. If it is not, I'll just wait for the next gen device. Can anyone say whether this was a hardware limitation, or software?