Thread: Alienware 14x or Alienware 17x laptop for gaming

Alienware 14x or Alienware 17x laptop for gaming

I am looking for a complete gaming and require a machine that can continue through the games. I don't be familiar with a whole lot regarding gaming laptops, except I've been demanding to read up. I'm at present looking at receiving either an Alienware 14x otherwise 17x. I wanted to stay my budget near to $1500. I may perhaps go with the further luxurious 17x if it's actually going to be value the money; except, my scruples will chew at me a bit. What the suggestion?

Re: Alienware 14x or Alienware 17x laptop for gaming

I go for Alienware 17x . Because it contains the extremely realistic graphics from NVIDIA or AMD go for cover. Players can change the settings in the game and enjoy stunning HD performance. You want to move into new dimensions? The graphics solution from NVIDIA allows playing of high-resolution 3-D games and when playing Blu-ray contents a stunning visual experience in 3-D. The graph of the M17x impressed no matter from what angle of view. Take advantage of the HD-capable 17-inch screen (1080p) and enjoy high-quality HD content. Enjoy the elegance and feel of the system on the road. Reliable performance with the new Intel Core i7 Quad Core processors and the optional memory with XMP 1866 MHz. If you need even more power, you can use Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 for the automatic acceleration of the computing speed

I have not yet M14x, I simply could test quickly LAN and yes, the little I've heard, c is still quite noisy. Finally, I had an M11x R1, R2 and R3 in two days, I had an M15x and 17x they were all noisy. It is a portable, it's not what happens to quieter and more so when you shoot the Bouzin because you play it, it can do a lot of noise so.

Personally, I would splurge on an m14x but after careful consideration, it appears that the concept is not really the point and there is still a big room for improvement. Honestly, I consider the current m14x as a sort of beta version of a product that has great potential. And it does not tell me anything of paying a beta; it would better wait for the next. Until then, it will have time to floor on the mistakes of their 14-inch, such as cooling and performance / size that is much lower than the m15x (though it is supposed to replace) and even m11x.

I recently became the m14x. I was also in doubt because I often have to travel between London and London I opted for the 14x.

I think 17x is a bit better in terms of gaming.

But the 14x does it perfectly.

I see some say that the m14x is too expensive for what it is. I say it's much more than that; the m14x as it is now should not be marketed. In less than what Alienware used to do power level. Mobility is, of course, but the power - one would expect from a template not that far of a 15 "- is missing. Finally, it is a good pc, but a bad Alienware.

The side of the M14x, the situation is different when it is subjected GeForce GT 555m and Core i7 2630QM support ... the noise is fast and hard helmets may soon become necessary.

Cons here, Optimus technology is to the game, which is quite handy, even if we would be able to make updates to the drivers without breaking teeth ... and without having to fiddle too much.

Like the M17x is rather interesting in terms of autonomy for a model of its kind, although agree that it really is not what is asked. As well as taking notes, we held 30 h with 2 GPU enabled and 4 h 27 on the chip embedded video.

A lot extra luxurious. Not simply the early expenditure except the shorter lifespan (up to now it's right) therefore the suggestion is to go in front if you are OK by way of 2 year laptop life spans.