Thread: Motorola Motoactv Music Player has stopped working while sync with iTunes

Motorola Motoactv Music Player has stopped working while sync with iTunes

I have bought a Motorola Motoactv Music Player a week ago and the problem that I have faced is that when I was trying to sync it with with my computer which is having windows 7 as operating system and when I installed the software for it and was trying to sync it with the iTunes then I got a message saying that the Motorola Motoactv Music Player has stopped working and then it forced me to close application and when I am trying to open it again then it is not starting. Is there anyone who has faced the same problem and has an idea about the same ands can help me out. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Motorola Motoactv Music Player has stopped working while sync with iTunes

I have bought a Motorola Motoactv Music Player a week ago and the problem that I have faced is that when I was trying to sync it with with my computer which is having windows 7 as operating system and when I installed the software for it and was trying to sync it with the iTunes then I got a message saying that the Motorola Motoactv Music Player has stopped working and then it forced me to close application and when I am trying to open it again then it is not starting. Is there anyone who has faced the same problem and has an idea about the same ands can help me out. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    You can try the below steps and see if it is making any difference. I mean that these are the very basic steps that one can try in such cases:
    • First try out rebooting.
    • Try reseting MotoActv to factory settings
    • You can also uninstalling MotoCast USB and USB Helper Apps and after rebooting reconnect it and install MotoCast again.

Just try all this and see if they are helping you or not and let me know so I can help you further with it.

You can try the below steps and see if it is making any difference. I mean that these are the very basic steps that one can try in such cases:

* First try out rebooting.
    * Try reseting MotoActv to factory settings
    * You can also uninstalling MotoCast USB and USB Helper Apps and after rebooting reconnect it and install MotoCast again.

Just try all this and see if they are helping you or not and let me know so I can help you further with it.
    I will like to inform you that I have tried these thing out thinking that they will work out for me but then they are just not making any difference and I have also tried rebooting it several times but whenever I connect it to sync it with itunes then it gives me the same message that the application failed to work and it gives me the same error. I have tried to connect it and open it normally without using the application but then I have found that doing in that way is almost unusable because by that method I will not be able to perform sync workouts or download music as well. Is there any other method that I could try to get this problem sorted quickly?

I am having the same type of problem but not exactly the same actually my problem is that I am getting an error message when I am trying to check for update. I am not sure if this is some kind or problem with the application but the when I am trying to run "MOTOACTV Wi-Fi Settings then it is not allowing me to scan any Wi-Fi networks. I don’t have any idea about this issue because even I have bought it recently and I don’t have much idea about it till now. So is there anyone who has faced something like this and know exactly the cause of it and can help me out with it as well?

Even I am having the same problem and even I think that it is because of the application I mean that when I was trying to install Motocast then I was very well able to complete all the steps till I reached the WiFi setup but then when I came to the WiFi setup then I got a popup message saying that "Your firewall is not allowing the connection". I have also tried to turn off the firewall for this purpose but then it is not making any difference and that makes me feel that there is not an issue with the blocking the WiFi connection but I am not sure about the problem and I am not even sure that if it is saying that the Motorola Motoactv Music Player has stopped working,. Any further help for this will be appreciated.

Even I am having the same problem and even I think that it is because of the application I mean that when I was trying to install Motocast then I was very well able to complete all the steps till I reached the WiFi setup but then when I came to the WiFi setup then I got a popup message saying that "Your firewall is not allowing the connection". I have also tried to turn off the firewall for this purpose but then it is not making any difference and that makes me feel that there is not an issue with the blocking the WiFi connection but I am not sure about the problem and I am not even sure that if it is saying that the Motorola Motoactv Music Player has stopped working,. Any further help for this will be appreciated.

If just turning of the firewall is not making any difference or it is not helping you out then you can try to give the application access rights through Control Panel and while doing this you will be asked to set it up so you can do it from there but then if you incase miss that step then you will have to grant access manually. Just try doing it in that way and see if it is solving the issue and if not then let me know so I can try to help you further with it. Best of luck.

I have tried giving the software access rights through Control Panel and I made sure that I don’t miss any steps but then I don’t think that it is making any difference. By now I am really tired of trying solutions but then I want to get it work somehow so if there is any other solution that I can try out then please share and it will really be highly appreciated.

Try resetting factory settings. Then, instead of syncing to your computer, try setting up from device. Find your wireless network, enter the network key/password. You also will need to log onto motoactiv from the device (so if you didn't create a username/password with your initial set up attempt, do so before all this). It will ask if you should replace old motoactiv device, select that. If you are lucky, everything will work. All songs I had dragged & dropped to the music folder on my computer appeared at this point. Hope you have the same good luck.