Thread: My iphone 3GS got slow after updating it to iOS 5

My iphone 3GS got slow after updating it to iOS 5

Following overhauled to iOS 5 my iphone 3GS ended up moderate. Graphics and beginning applications are moderate. Some applications have now up to 10-15 seconds begin time. I thought shutting the iphone and restart mist assist, but NO. I like OS windows upstarts. The processor is not the same as unique iphone 4s. I began to regret my update to iOS5.

Re: My iphone 3GS got slow after updating it to iOS 5

The Basic Troubleshooting Steps are:
    • Restart-Reset-Restore from Backup than Restore as New
    • Attempt this First; you should Not Lose Any Data
    • Turn the Phone Off
    • Press and Hold the Sleep/Wake Button and the Home Button at the Same Time
    • Wait for the Apple logo to show up then after that vanishes
    • As a it takes about 15-20 Seconds
    • Release the Buttons
    • Turn the Phone On
    • You would need to restore as New. Moving down, Updating and Restoring

I've attempted all prescription here, but its still moderate. Some applications possibly would have done well to be updated moreover. I utilize Skype much and it was good before upgrade to iOS 5. Now Skype lagging when talking e.g. takes 15-30 sec to begin. At the same time this is all encompassing for large portions of my applications. It's quite disappointing. I will soon trade my iPhone with a unique iPhone 4s so I could probably exist. An additional conduct has happened, when I'm in 3G and utilize the iPhone. I detached the system utility truly regularly and detached Internet association. I thought I was in a shadow or powerless zone, but its robust signal.

Nothing works, run over to the apple store and no assistance there. They inferred the same thing as the people previous and didn’t accept me until they attempted it themselves. This ought to be settled resulting from the fact that I don’t think its cool that we are moving toward getting forced into the brand new phone.

Same situation called AT&T and Apple. Was prescribed its on account of its an "old" phone and proposed I redesign. They are wrong. Genuine performance is fine once application is stacked. Situation happens on Messages, Phone, Settings, i.e. fundamental stuff from Apple. Screen heads off blank of 10 to 30 seconds. In the event that it is longer than about 10 to 15 seconds risks are application should not stack. Application could be running in background when this happens. I'd a theory its attempting to produce some network connection or access some alternate resource that times out.

I just would have liked to declare this for the record so Apple can begin to see that this is a genuine situation. Most drastically applications on my iPhone are taking a truly extended chance to start, get “stuck " for a few seconds before responding to commands and alternate all encompassing slowdown issues that may have something to do with handling.

Well back again, and have found that by disabling iCloud for all aside from datebook, and handicapping Sync over Cellular works quite well and the appearance is now back to what it was. It appears that unfailingly you swipe the lock; the iCloud synchronize should likewise kick in, making the phone a pig. By handicapping every last trace of the above works a treat for me. Likewise I am happy that AT&T and apple imagine that every thinking individual can run right out and purchase a new phone soon after their contract is up. I know that I lack the capacity to. In the event that Apple & AT&T won't alter the battery & performance situations with 3GS soon, I will go android and an additional carrier.

I've found the same thing-turn off every last trace of the iCloud stuff and its basically back to performance as it was on 4.3.5. Not all in all there, but miles a cut above it was with iCloud switched on. I don't think this is anything to do with 'forced obsolescence' -I think its for the reason that Apple is Beta testing iCloud on millions of us.

After the update:
    1. -There is an all general stickiness in the travel. At times, applications don't even stack when tapping on them.
    2. -A large number of, a significant number of applications do no work fittingly. Case in point, Facebook regularly doesn't stack and regularly gets stayed while utilizing. In addition, my application had this really weird "inbox" icon in the nav that looks such as the right button wasn't equipped to render truly.
    3. -Sorting is a large number of times non- functional. I'll tap on a key and nothing will enroll for 5 seconds or thereabouts.
    4. -Bluetooth doesn't work. I've been utilizing my Jawbone symbol with particularly few situations for a significant while now. Now, it looks enjoy it join (the bluetooth symbol is blue), yet I don't in reality catch anything. Worse yet, the iPhone says "iphone" when the blue light is on, but I could not hear anything on the phone either.

I attempted various recommendations found in this string and others, combining removing message records, resetting the network, joining records over in. I'm not utilizing iCloud. I attempted turning area utilities off, bluetooth off, even attempted turning on plane mode. I even executed every last trace of the applications so the task bar was empty. It was still lazy and I would be able to see the battery rate drop.

It beyond any doubt looks like there's a situation with the new Notification Centre, anyhow for the Calendar application. I have a few alternate applications arranged to utilize it and seem to be okay.