Thread: Delay at iMac startup, need to hold power button

Delay at iMac startup, need to hold power button

Our iMac 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo is showing signs of age. It has pretty a straightforward problem. After a full shut down, when trying to turn it on a simple push of the power button on the reverse does not bring it back to life. We have discovered we need to hold it down for a full more than 30 seconds before we hear the reassuring while the computer booting up. This "pressing and holding" of the power button has got progressively longer over the last few weeks. I was wondering if anyone knows exactly what the problem is and how we might remedy it.

Re: Delay at iMac startup, need to hold power button

I like to attempt and make an install because when booting up, what time should be take doesn’t know is both the system starting up and also after checking on hardware. So that if you have anything huge or it wants to load or great that uses of your CPU, it would obtain forever. So I like that to get my data back so I got from the PRAM so after restarting everything should be working perfectly.

I have consider your choice previously and before I go downward to the route of backing up everything before the dreaded clean install I wonder why you think the difficulty is a OSX one. As far as I can see, the PC, when it ultimately boots up seems to run OK. The difficulty seems to be that the iMac does not recognize me approaching the power button on the rear left of the computer. I now, in the last 4 boot ups, have seen the time it takes for me to hold it down before the iMac starts booting up as nearly 1 minute!

I got a forum after searching for the advice so there is a little issue on battery that perhaps is failed because. I got the idea about that Intel iMac's do not contain any one or they are completely inaccessible.

I don't believe that there is an any difficulty in the OS, but later than resetting those "things", it won't work if you don't rearrange the system too. I had a difficulty with my fans going up to 5800 after I had logged in and I resettled those "things", not changed. So I did it again and did a clean install, everything worked. It's why i keep a Time Machine backup from now on.

I might be incorrect but I don't believe a fresh install will fix this as the OSX is not being used until boot, you don't need any OSX installed to try and boot an iMac, and it will still boot but obviously can't load the operation system

You be supposed to first reset and after that do a clean install. The resetting will reset, but if there is something huge loading, just like my fans went up, the resetting won't help. A clean install will reset everything, but if you haven't resettled PRAM and NVRAM + SMC first, the clean install won't help. So backup, reset, clean install and report back!

Please hold down cmd + r and eliminate all of disks from cd-room with Windows and unplug the entire thing, then tell me if it will boot or if you are able to create connection with a Lion OS without a USB/disc with lion install. It is true that hardware has software too, which is why we reset earlier than clean install...