Thread: iMac start up after long delay takes 30 seconds of holding power button

iMac start up after long delay takes 30 seconds of holding power button

My iMac 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo is indicating trace of experience. It has a significant effortless situation. When a full close down, when attempting to turn it on an effortless press of the power button on the opposite makes a point not to carry it back to existence. We have identified we need to keep it down for a full 30 seconds before we button the consoling whirr of the computer booting up. This "pressing and pressing" of the power button has got logically longer over the final few weeks. I doubted that anybody knows precisely what the situation is and how we may cure it.

Re: iMac start up after long delay takes 30 seconds of holding power button

Try these steps:
    Resetting PRAM and NVRAM
    • - Shut down the PC.
    • -Place the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You need to keep these keys down concurrently in step 4.
    • -Turn on the computer.
    • -Press and keep the Command-Option-P-R keys. You should press this key combination after the dull screen shows up.
    • -Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you button the startup sound for the second time.
    • -Release the keys.

Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)
    • - Shut down the computer.
    • -Unplug the computer's power line.
    • -Wait fifteen seconds.
    • -Attach the computer's power cord.
    • -Wait five seconds, and then afterward press the power button to turn on the PC.

I could attempt a tidy install following when booting, what requires some investment is both the system beginning up and hardware check. So in the event that you have something huge it ought to stack or something that utilization the sum total of your CPU, it could take eternity. I could alternate my things provided that I was you before resetting PRAM and NVRAM and SMC. Following resetting those do a clean install and every last item will work perfectly, worked for me.

I have regarded your alternative at present and before I go down the track of moving down every last item when the feared clean install I pondered why you think the situation is an OSX one. T As far as I can see, the computer, when it eventually boots up seems to run OK. The situation appears to be that the iMac tries not to distinguish me prodding the power button on the back other side of the computer. I now, in the final 4 boot ups, have viewed the time it brings for me to keep it down after the iMac begins booting up as almost 1 minute!

I have searched on internet for advice on if there is a minor system battery that possibly is drained/ failed but I got the impression that Intel iMac's don't have one or they are totally distant.

I don't think there is a situation in the OS, but following resetting those "things", it won't work depending on if you don't reset the system as well. I had a situation with my fans set up to 5800 following I had logged in and I resettled those "things", not altered. So I did it again and did a clean introduce, all things worked. It's why I keep a Time Computer backup from now on.

I would be able to be wrong but if don't think a brand new install will alter this as the OSX is not being utilized until boot, you don't require any OSX introduced to attempt and boot an iMac, it will still boot but evidently could not to stack the operation system.

The resetting will reset, but if there is something huge loading, much the same as my fans went up, the resetting won't serve a useful purpose. A clean introduce will reset every little item, but depending on if you haven't resettled PRAM and NVRAM + SMC in the first place, the clean install won't serve some useful purpose. So backup, reset, clean instate and report back! Pedro, Please keep down cmd + r and erase the sum total of your plates with Lion or Windows and unplug every last item, then tell me provided that it will boot or if you’re fit to reinstall Lion without a USB/disc with lion install.

I reset the PRAM and NVRAM. I moreover reset the SMC. I then did a clean institute which took me lot of time. It now frequently takes 2 minutes to power from when pressing and keeping down the Power Button. We are now putting the computer into sleep mode and trusting it doesn't stop as the power button is not working from what I could probably see.

I have used the recovery firmware restoration CD for 2007 iMac's and I need keep my fingers crossed for the following time I should utilize the power-on button.