Thread: How to format (erase) hard disk on iMac G5

How to format (erase) hard disk on iMac G5

Hey guys I like to ask you something I want to sell my pc so I was wondering someone here can tell me how can I erase my hard disk so that my data get permanently cleared for it I would be really glad to know this thanks

Re: How to format (erase) hard disk on iMac G5

Boot from the OS X installation disc that came with your computer. After loading the installer to select your language and click the Continue button. When the menu bar appears select Disk Utility from the Tools menu. After DU loads select your startup volume from the list on the left and then click the Erase tab. Set the format type to Mac OS Extended Journal and click the Options button. Select the option to zero data and click the OK button. Then click the erase button.

This procedure will acquire 30 minutes to more than a few hours depending on the amount of the hard drive. After format has finished stop DU and go back to the installer. You have finished the installation of OS X. At the ending of the installation do not restart the PC. Instead just turn off. The user will be offered following the setup wizard when you turn on your PC as you would if it were fresh in the box.

Boot with the Install DVD. After that create Disk Utility and wipe out the disk.

keep in mind the DVD are division of the Mac and be supposed to be integrated with it when you put up for sale it.

Put sensitive personal documents in a folder. Trash folder and secure Empty Trash. Dealing with things that do not want others to recover. Then, using the installation DVD, make an "Erase and Install" which puts a new OS X on your PC and deletes all existing files.

Powerbook G4 to a new Mac Pro 17 Notebook. I'm extremely excited. This thread is great! Thanks, I by no means knew and secure empty the trash before it started with an Apple II! I see that my initial installation DVD. I also have a Tiger installation DVD. After the update I cannot erase, at least, ?

You can if you desire or simply give the buyer with the disc and let him/her upgrade after the do their possess setup. Thanks, I'm selling it online to put up for sale Again Saver I think best offer. They may desire it for parts so I believe I won’t install Tiger.