Thread: Can’t find APN Settings for Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket i727 to get MMS working ?

Can’t find APN Settings for Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket i727 to get MMS working ?

I have tried everything but nothing is working for those of us that have issue to connecting to non-mobile websites,. I've tried so a lot of combinations all resulted in internet working, however no MMS. I require MMS can anyone here help me on this as this thing really annoying me and I am unable to solve this so I would be really appreciating if anyone here can guide me trough the proper solution on this issue

Re: Can’t find APN Settings for Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket i727 to get MMS working ?

Even I had same issue was awake all night with AT & T with respect to this issue (pending). So after a couple of hours, several attempts, I hung up, I was told to call back after finding a solution. Whatever! It was 3:30 am I was trying different combinations until I fainted. I woke up and was working! Off and on a couple of times. Keep working. Apply the same configuration on my wife Skyrocket's and now everything is working. So the ways to do it Menu> Settings> Wireless and network> Mobile Networks> Access Point Names. Menu> New APN.
    Code:
    Name: attwap (name it whatever you want)
    APN: wap.cingular
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MMS port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Then Save exit select the APN you created green dot exit that’s it Done.

Re: Can’t find APN Settings for Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket i727 to get MMS working ?

I did the same but do not sure if "wap.cingular" is faster than the phone other APN or vice versa. I tried both speedtest ballpark, so in my area. The point is that the Internet and MMS is working. I'm going to "solve" this until AT & T fixes this problem. LTE is not yet available in my area. They said the network is new and PTA are still working on the folds. But Works great man, I used up a lot of time on this previous night couldn't get together internet and mms to work

I hope this works for you, too.

What a bummer I ended up going back to pta as I couldn't get MMS to work on something else. I not able to get through this anyone know what is wrong with it

I'm happy it work for you guys also. I was a bit angry switching back and forth on every occasion I had to send an MMS. The problem was my wife couldn’t- didn’t know how. Now life is good At least for at the present

Well LTE is assume to roll out to NY in the close to future so with any luck we just have to make use of this work around for a bit extra Works immense Data is steady now all through all the sites I call, no data loss. as well MMS works! And all the way through speedtest app my DL is extremely close to the other APNS here in my non-LTE market in Harrisburg, PA. Can somebody give details or point me in the way of the dissimilarity among the APNS: pta, handset, and wap cingular?

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    I did the same but do not sure if "wap.cingular" is faster than the phone other APN or vice versa. I tried both speedtest ballpark, so in my area. The point is that the Internet and MMS is working. I'm going to "solve" this until AT & T fixes this problem. LTE is not yet available in my area. They said the network is new and PTA are still working on the folds. But Works great man, I used up a lot of time on this previous night couldn't get together internet and mms to work

I hope this works for you, too.
    Seem as despite the fact that you can't still make use of the handset apn all along with the those mms setting in the similar profile anyhow. But look as if to work for me as well. I don't familiar with much however, all this Cingular stuff wouldn't propose we are using a diverse network would it? And we get a bill for roaming or something

If you don’t know Cingular is AT&T.

Today when I Got up on morning there was no data. Had to reboot the handset. apn still set with fresh settings. The data received again back on however it just stopped working all through the night for some cause

Don’t believe it's an APN problem. "wap.cingular" is extensively used. perhaps the handset just required a restart. I treat my handset like my computer, leave it on all day, but reboot it each once in a even as and of course, back that thing up. I don’t know this believed to fix the network problem well when loading non-mobile sites? i tested my rocket with a friend that has the HTC vivid and i was totally humiliated since his thing is blazing fast.

No, not repair. It’s just a work approximately to get your internet operational with MMS still active. Not believed to create things quicker, better or orgasmic... now working.