Thread: How to use GPS module IN MSI?

How to use GPS module IN MSI?

I have a WindPad 110W and I am very pleased with it.But, I don’t know how to use the GPS. There are various locations mentioning 'GPS module' alternatively don’t have an idea about it as I doubt if it is an accessory. I want to know where I can find a ‘GPS module'.

re: How to use GPS module IN MSI?

You can try finding in your Device Manager, and see if it is listed in 'Sensors' section.I also have a Windpad 110W similar to you, and it appears to have the GPS module installed .you nay locate it in the internal hardware section. But I am also keen to know to use it.

In my case, it was viewing - afterward I reinstall led Windows 7. I was hoping that it will show, but it doesn't show up any longer. Still, I followed some instructions on couple of sites and got it to display/install driver by means of Legacy Hardware. I’ve tried some a variety of bits of software off the net –and only one of them provided me to opt for the Broadcom Sensor as a GPS source.

The only fine thing with Windows 7 / 8, is that you can install it, and the touch screen works 'out-of-the-box', and it look likes it’s a tablet device, and automatically pops up the on-screen keyboard which indicates to enter username, password, product key etc, without enabling to plug in any further external input devices.

At the time of availability of version of Linux, it will be getting installed on my Windpad. Windows 7 works great on desktop PCs but I am happy using Linux. But is truly too much for these tablets and notebooks.

The problem with you can be that the USB card reader does not have drivers in Windows 8, and once when you use a usual USB memory stick it will be all fine working.I am having the similar issue. I have reinstalled Win 7 Ultimate 64bit and I can't enable the GPS. as you told to install the drivers from the MSI website in Device Manager, I am not able to see. There is no Light Sensor as I have attempted Locations and Other Sensors in the Control Panel. Also I got some Enabling of the GPS through OEasy but don’t assist in any way though.

The format of display which appears is as
    Device Manager: 'Broadcom NMEA Port (COM 3)'
    this is the message at it shows that the device works proper.
    The Sensors which it sponsors is:
    Broadcom GPS Location Sensor.

Some often find that they find themselves Instead of Broadcom NMEA Port to an Unknown Device and at the time of trying and installing it find getting a BSOD.

Re: How to use GPS module IN MSI?

I am having the similar issue. I have reinstalled Win 7 Ultimate 64bit and I can't enable the GPS. as you told to install the drivers from the MSI website in Device Manager, I am not able to see. There is no Light Sensor as I have attempted Locations and Other Sensors in the Control Panel. Also I got some Enabling of the GPS through OEasy but don’t assist in any way though.