Thread: MacBook Pro Screensaver is getting freeze on startup

MacBook Pro Screensaver is getting freeze on startup

I have bought a MacBook Pro and it was working fine by now but after it got in to a sleep mode from screensaver and then I tried to use it again then it is getting "freeze" on the login screen and I am not able to enter the password as well and when I am using the mouse then it is getting dragged and leaving white spaces behind it. Is there anyone who has faced the same problem and has an idea about it and can help me out as well?

Re: MacBook Pro Screensaver is getting freeze on startup

I have found a no of people having the problem with the screensaver in a no of problem but then I just want you to exaggerate the problem in detail so I can understand it better. I mean what does it happen after the freeze and what solution you have tried so far. If it is possible for you to upload a snap of it then it will be better to understand your situation.

Here it is:

I have also found that the mouse is acting as the eraser and when I am moving it then I am able to see the login screen as well but then I am able to enter the password and login as well but then the screensaver is not going away.

Even I am facing the same problem and even I have to "erase" the screensaver screen with the pointer in order to see the login buttons.I also want o share that I am having the current generation of macbook air which is having OS Lion. In the starting I was thinking that the this issue is related with the running Parallels but then I have also found a no of people who are having the same problem without the Parallels as well so I am pretty confused now.

If you all are having the same problem after the machine sleeps than what all you can do is just do a force shutdown and then start it again and then set the following energy saver preferences:
    • Set the computer to sleep – never.
    • Turn off the hard drive – never.
    • Set the display to sleep - either 3 hrs or never

I have done the same and now I am not having the same problem anymore if you want you all can try the same. Hope that helps.