Thread: Phone is getting Hot while paired with Motorola MOTOACTV

Phone is getting Hot while paired with Motorola MOTOACTV

I am having the problem related with the MOTOACTV and not able to get resolve this problem. For that reason someone here please help me to get resolve the problem. And the problem is as in this morning house with the MOTOACTV paired with my Droid 2 and listened to music over the MOTOACTV for the 60 minute train ride to work. And after 1 hours of listening of the music I came to know that my phone and FC is getting too hot. Why this is happening?? Please suggest me some way to get resolve this type of the problem?? And here I am sure that I am facing this problem only when I paired with the MOTOACTV only, except this, the phone is not getting hot.

Re: Phone is getting Hot while paired with Motorola MOTOACTV

Ok, if you recently get this problem then for that I will suggest you to try with the battery pull and rebooted. I am telling you this thing because, it might also happens that it happens to you because your are listening the song from the last few hours. Try to turn of the phone and restart this after few times. I am sure that at that time your will not face this problem again.

Yes, I also tried with this. And after the restart when I again switched on the phone at that time I noticed that all things are ok. But again I see the same problem when I tried with the listening the songs after pairing with the Motoactv. But thanks for helping me in this case. But this also not helped me to get resolve the problem. And here let me tell you that I am having the extended battery on the D2G, but it is a notorious power hog, and maybe driving the Bluetooth/Moto pairing is using too much energy Regardless, I am interested if other users notice severe power drain and heat sink buildup on your Moto phones while paired.

I love cycling, and also if maintaining the MOTOACTV is going to severely consume my phone battery while hours from home, it overcome the purpose of carrying a phone. And if you are getting problem while pairing then for that I will suggest that you will not pair the phone with the MOTOACTV. I can see that this is common problem related with the MOTOACTV and hope that the manufactures of the MOTOACTV will soon resolve this problem.

I have had problem with the Motoactv device crashing during a exercises while sync'd with my Motorola DROID 2 Global. Whatsoever occur also crashed the phone, but the Motoactv certainly crashed first. And while this happens at that time I lost the data for the exercises in growth when it rebooted, had to start over. And also I am sure that phone rebooted itself in the end, and I have not done the battery pull this time. This show to be some sort of compatibility issue with my Motorola DROID 2 Global running on the Ver. 2.3.3, but the issue looks to start with the fitness device. I was not having frequent FC problem before this day. I already copied 14G of music to the device, so for that reason I am thinking to not do a factory reset, which would typically be the next thing that I try. Anyone else having connection problem? If yes then please reply me back.

I will try pairing mine with a D2G and I will report this issue, because I am not getting the over all problem over here for that reason I will try with this and then only I came to know about the actual problem with you. And then I will try to resolve the problem.

Thanks for that friends, and also let me tell here that I did not notice that there was any operation/event that triggered the force close. I am thinking that I am getting this problem oly because of the Motoactv may have been trying to lock on GPS at the time, but am not sure if that was the trigger. To make sure about this, I will continue the test and if I able to trace the main problem then I will reply here back.

Hey it looks like total odd behavior in your case. Because I am also having the Atrix running GB 2.3.3 and I have never get the problem that increased battery drain or overheating on the Atrix and my ACTV is not crashing. Any task killers or items in your auto-end list? If yes, then this will be the problem in your case.

Yes, I checked for this and in this morning I get the crashed again. And again this happens to me while this was paired with the Motorola DROID 2 Global. And this thing happens after the 5 minutes only. And also while this happens at that time I also notice that my device have start doing other things, which I found out is how to save a multisport workout. Btu I am bit happy this time because, I didn’t lose any relate data this time. And I hope that they should include one feature for that and this is to auto reconnect feature. And this will help us to repair the phone manually at the time when this type of the crashes happens.

Can you tell me that what is running in the background when you get the restart??? Because, I also get the same problem but this happens to me when in my phone there are so many of the apps are running in the background. And also in my case I can see that the auto end list has frequently apps that I only run one time in a while, like weather apps, Facebook chat, nothing connected to Moto that I can see. And in my case only common issue is that it always happens when I am Midtown, GPS has a hard time seeing the horizon.

Ok, sorry. I have forget to ask you that what software you have on your Motoactv?? And if you are checking for the latest update then for that I will suggest you to connect to MotoCast at that time you will se the update for the Motoactv. And also check the current version that you are using by :
    Settings > General > MOTOACTV Status > System Version
    And after this check, reply me back.

Dude, I am sure over here that your problem is not related with the Motorola Motoactv. This is totally related with the phones only. This is because you are saying over here that your phone is getting hope while it is paired with the Motoactv then this might happens that the problem is that your phone is getting hot when your phone’s Bluetooth is on. So first make sure about this. Try with pairing other devices and see if you get the problem over there also.