Thread: memory space not listing in nokia c2-03

memory space not listing in nokia c2-03

I bought nokia c2-03 few days ago. There is nothing in the phone even in the memory card. Each instance I click on ovi store button and music button it gives an error note that memory required to delete some items. Want to make out that there is no installed themes, games etc in the phone presently some not more than 10 SMS so I would question that where my phone memory used called the customer care but as they are insisting me to flush my mobile. So is there any another method to detect it

Re: memory space not listing in nokia c2-03

The best option for these is the below mentioned If there's a bit went incorrect from the memory card. In most of the Nokia PCB design this chips were too found and named as "MMC filter IC". So, in troubleshooting Memory card not sensing problem frequently it can be fixing by restoring. The most of the problem occurs after failing of these hardware devices. If inserting another memory card.

Here's are few clues on how to fix Nokia c5
    1) If memory card notices some error, attempt to make use of an additional operating memory card. The memory card may be corrupt or damaged.
    2) Verify for probable damage and or clean the memory card connector pins and its environment workings on the PCB board.
    3) Make sure the firmware, reflash, restore or update to most recent edition if essential.
    4) Make sure, resolder, revise or restore the memory card filter chip.

Some mentioned about the phone and memory issues internal to the phone .but I consider this as a hardware issue. The first thing if the memory card is that the hardware might have some problem occurred.so starting from the hardware and moving to the software just check this.check for the memory card that is it in working condition.if the first error occurs due to the memory card itself,it will not be wise to blame the phone on this behalf.the slot where the memory card is been inserted could have been corrupted.so as you mentioned earlier the mobile would be under company’s warranty it is better to contact the customer service.

If it is a software issue that the memory card is not detected, then check that are some viruses added to your phone. It does not operate when viruses start activating and making the phone hang. So scan for viruses of your handset if present. It can be available easily on your ovi store.

It will be very unlucky if you are earning a good phone, and because not insertion of memory card will definitely make someone terrible. Single means to fix it is to restore the firmware. Did you visit nokia care? The genuine reply for this would be that you visit the nokia care. They will solve the issue, whether it may be hardware or software. And if is in warranty period it will help to save some bucks of money. So best of luck.

even i hav the same problem..i m using NOKIA c2-03.. the device memory is 7.6mb.. all my messages are getting stored in my device memory.. is there any way to change my msg memory to my memory card (4 gb).. because i m unable to send messages.. everytime i try to send a msg, my mobile gives me a notification tat memory needed, delete some data.. but i m unable to delete any of the predefined apps or tones or anythng.. what can i do?
    Last edited by sujay91; 13-11-2011 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sujay91 View Post
    even i hav the same problem..i m using NOKIA c2-03.. the device memory is 7.6mb.. all my messages are getting stored in my device memory.. is there any way to change my msg memory to my memory card (4 gb).. because i m unable to send messages.. everytime i try to send a msg, my mobile gives me a notification tat memory needed, delete some data.. but i m unable to delete any of the predefined apps or tones or anythng.. what can i do?
    No you cannot change the memory location for the messages in the phone and hence that's what i am saying here. All you have to do is delete the existing messages that are there in the phone. Otherwise keep a back up of the messages in your PC. So that's what you can do.

thnks man
    but anothr prob is tat i m unable to set the themes also.. cant even access the music playr.. i cleard ma inbox.. but still it says the same 'memory space required'.. its nt possible to delete predefined tones or apps.. any idea abt tis?

Just have a check with the internal memory of the phone and then see how much space is free and how much is used up. The internal memory for your phone is too less i.e. 10mb. When you are saying that you can even listen to songs then just check whether all the songs are stored in the card. If you have downloaded some themes in the phone then they do get stored in the phone memory by default. So try deleting all the stuffs that are there in your phone as of now and then start loading one by one. Do remember to keep a backup .