Thread: In Motorola Motoactv, same calories burn reading for Uphill/downhill run.

In Motorola Motoactv, same calories burn reading for Uphill/downhill run.

Hi all, I am here to get the suggestion about my problem related with the Motoactv which I am having. And with me the problem is that, I run the same route uphill and downhill in the same time. But here I can see that, I got the same number of burned calories. I am not getting here that is this true or my Motoactv is not working properly. I think that Motoactv has this poor level of calculations/algorithms for such an expensive device. By the way, I am happy with the GPS of this, because GPS shows elevation changes, so it is possible to include slope/elevation in calories calculation. Any suggestion about this case?? Is this problem related with the Motoactv or else this is true that I burn the same amount of the calories??

Re: In Motorola Motoactv, same calories burn reading for Uphill/downhill run.

Ok, but how can you say over here that this is not working properly. because it also might happens that your body is not brnning that much amount of the calories. But still I am not sure over there that you are right or wrong. For that reason are there other products you are aware of that do take elevation into account for calories burned? I am telling this, because this will help you to calculate the proper amount of the calories which your body has burned. I am also searching for this type of the device but still I am not able to see this type of the device. And for that reason I think that this is a difficult task. And I think that the calories burned will also have the principle anyway. your muscle memory for a specific course and/or type of exercises, your body temperature, the air temperature, etc, all collision your definite calories burned, just like slope angle. I imagine if it did attempt to obtain slope into account, at that time you would see a huge edge of error, especially as GPS signals change.

Dude, I am also having this Motoactv device and according to my expectation for this I wil say oiver here that it is a really good device. I think if it did try to take slope into account, you would see a enormous edge of error, specially as GPS signals change. And also here I can say that this is only a subject of a excellent algorithm and code. altitude can be compared every 10, 20, or 30 seconds, great values can be discarded. periphery of error: it is almost impossible to get more pointless result than the current.

Hey dude, thanks for helping me in this case. I am getting here that what you are trying to suggesting me over here. And for that reason only I can understand the problem, but still I am not getting the solution to get resolve this problem. Hope that someone will help me over here. Thanks for your help.

I am not saying anything is necessary, but here I want to just say that there is a big chance for error. I am telling this because I will be honest, your posted charts have improved decision than anything I have been able to get out of the ACTV. You must live in a great spot. I am getting here that what exactly you are getting over here : it is a good hope list item for future SW releases, but like I told here, my only fear is that while for you, because of the type of GPS signal lock you are able to obtain, it would be ideal, for me, it would only complicate things and impact the accuracy of the data. I am telling this all from my experience only.

Friends, thanks helping me, but still I am sure that you are missing the point. I would like to say here that the difference between running that hill up and down in calories was 315%. So uphill: 120 calories; downhill: 35 calories. Motoactv showed 67 calories up and down. I checked the difference in elevation shown by Motoactv between my runs. The error was 27%. So, what you will say here in this case??

Hey, I am having a unit that did take elevation and slope into account for calorie count, and when I was running, it lost signal catch and the height jumped from 800 ft to 2500 ft in only seconds, and after this back, and the exercises device thought I in progress running at close to 22 MPH on a 75% incline. And after seeing this all things I can say that into my avg. speed and calories, and messed up the data for the entire run. If it had not been looking at height that would never have happened. On your chart, you have nice spotless lines with great signal the whole time, so this would not be a question for you.

Fine the picture surely tells the story regarding with the algorithm. At the very least, you can see there is smoothing in the speed curve, but no smoothing or averaging on the incline. And for tht I think that it is obvious that the slope is not a issue in the energy calculation. Moto engineers can always regulate the calculations downward the line, and these energy calcs are just an approximation based off HR anyway, most everyone else has motivated on to Power output capacity as the improved metric, as well as good old PEI. And here after reading this all I will say that, is that I did observe that Garmin made a fabric modify in their algorithm among the Edge 705 and the nexer products/software out now on the 200/500/80.

Friend, I have tested with the all the suggestion which you have given to me. And after that I can see the good result while I am trying with the Motoactv. thanks for answering my problem,

Ok, I am having the formulas for calculating the calories and which are as:
    For more accurate readings remember to update your profile frequently for accurate tracking. There are two easy ways to update
    • On your device: Go to Settings > Personal Profile

Hey all thanks for suggesting me about this all things. Now after seeing all the suggestion over here, I came to know some of that knowledge of this problem. But still I am having the same problem hope that some one will really help me over here.

I also recently, get the new Motorola Motoactv and when I have tried with this I was very happy in the starting. But recently I get the same problem over here also when trying to see the reading. And for that reason I searched on the net, but no where I found the reply about this. But after coming over this forums at that time I get he suggestion about this. But even after trying with this alos I get the same reading with my Motoactv. Why this is still happening to me?? Please reply me any suggestion about this.