Thread: Safari is crashing on iPad after upgrading it to ios 5

Safari is crashing on iPad after upgrading it to ios 5

I have been using ipad since a long time and the problem that I have started facing is that the Safari is crashing is constantly crashing on iPad and it all started after I upgraded my ipad to ios 5 . I don’t know what to do know. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well? Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Safari is crashing on iPad after upgrading it to ios 5

Even I have been facing the same problem with the ipad and I have the exact situation as that of yours. I mean to say the problem arise to me after the ios 5 update but then I have tried changing some settings and I have found that when I go in to the advance settings and then put the debug console on it then the problem gets disappeared for some time. I mean that after changing the above settings I was able to get the safari started and it was also working fine as well but then it did not last long because after using it for couple of times when I started the browser again then it again started crashing. I have tried to find a solution for it in some forum and I have found that this is the same problem with a no of other app as well but then I have not yet came across effective solution for it by now and I am still trying my best to get it work but till then you can also try to change the advance settings and see if that it is responding you in the same way as it did to me or it is just sorting the problem. Just try it out and then let me know but any other solution than this will be highly appreciated.

Even I have been facing the same problem with the ipad and I have the exact situation as that of yours. I mean to say the problem arise to me after the ios 5 update but then I have tried changing some settings and I have found that when I go in to the advance settings and then put the debug console on it then the problem gets disappeared for some time. I mean that after changing the above settings I was able to get the safari started and it was also working fine as well but then it did not last long because after using it for couple of times when I started the browser again then it again started crashing. I have tried to find a solution for it in some forum and I have found that this is the same problem with a no of other app as well but then I have not yet came across effective solution for it by now and I am still trying my best to get it work but till then you can also try to change the advance settings and see if that it is responding you in the same way as it did to me or it is just sorting the problem. Just try it out and then let me know but any other solution than this will be highly appreciated.
    I was facing the same problem and I think that I have another solution to sort it out as it has been working for me. I mean that after trying it out I have not faced the same crashing problem again from yesterday but then I don’t know if it is actually a solution for this because I have found that some people have claimed that it is working for then and some have said that the same solution does not make any difference and because of which I don’t know it actually works or not. What all I had done is that I just switched all the iCloud merged options to off by going in to the settings and after that it had stopped the crashing problem by now. If you want then you can try out the same and check if it is making any difference to you and if it works then do let me know. I think that it should work as it had worked for me under the same circumstances but then as I have found different answers for this solution I am not pretty sure about it but then you can at least give it a try. Best of luck.

I have tried both the solution and I think that they work for some time but then I don’t know what happens to the app after sometimes I mean that I was facing the same problem with the Safari as well as the Email app and they just crash at the start up itself. After trying this solution I was able to get it work for say an hour but then I started experiencing the same problem later. I think that it is some kind of compatibility issue with the IOS5 on original ipad but I am not sure about it because if it would have been a compatibility issue then the app should not work for some while after trying these solutions.

Hey I am having the same problem after the ios 5 update on iPad 2 but then t think that I am experiencing the same problem in a different way because I have found that the safari is not crashing at the startup rather it starts and then give me a completely white screen and then when I click anywhere on the white screen than it get crashed. Even I have tried the above solution but then I got the same white screen and then crash for every time I have tried and rather than these solutions I have also tried to clear the cache and I have also tried a hard reset as well but then I don’t think that they are making any difference. I am having the problem with safari only and not the other apps and even the ones that are using the Internet via either wi-fi or 3G but then I don’t know that why the safari is not6 working out. If anyone find some other solution than this then please let us know as well. Thanks in advance.

I was facing the same problem and I think that I have another solution to sort it out as it has been working for me. I mean that after trying it out I have not faced the same crashing problem again from yesterday but then I don’t know if it is actually a solution for this because I have found that some people have claimed that it is working for then and some have said that the same solution does not make any difference and because of which I don’t know it actually works or not. What all I had done is that I just switched all the iCloud merged options to off by going in to the settings and after that it had stopped the crashing problem by now. If you want then you can try out the same and check if it is making any difference to you and if it works then do let me know. I think that it should work as it had worked for me under the same circumstances but then as I have found different answers for this solution I am not pretty sure about it but then you can at least give it a try. Best of luck.

Hey thanks for the solution it actually worked out for me as well I just switched all the iCloud merged options to off by going in to the settings and then the problem disappeared. I have also tried to close the app and start it again for several times but then it is not getting crashed anymore as it use to. I am really thankful to you I have been trying to work it out and I had really lost the patience of trying more solution but then your solution appeared like a magic to this problem and I think that it is a perfect solution for this problem. I will suggest all the others who as facing the same problem to try out this solution.

I think that you might be the lucky one because It did not worked for me. I mean that when I went in to change the settings then I found that the iCloud merged options were already set to off but then I tried switching it on and then again switching it off and after that it worked for a while and when I tried testing it with closing it and starting it again then I started facing the same problem again. I am now really getting pissed of this now. Is there any other setting that you have might have changed before trying out this solution??

It did not work for me as well it crashed after an hour when I tried switching all the iCloud merged options to off. I will like to share that I have not yet downloaded any free app by now and I have been using the automatic downloads for safari. I have also tried to delete the app and then reinstall it thinking that it will help but then it is still not making any difference. Is there any other solution that I can try to sort it out?

I have been facing the same problem just after the ios 5 update. I have found that all the other app including the safari which present Web based content are crashing at the startup itself. I am not sure that if it depends on the page content and all. I have also found a lot of "out of memory errors" when I checked the logs in the Developer tab of the settings screen. I really wish that this issue get resolved soon. I have tried all the above solutions here but then none of them is actually solving it out for me.

Yes even I have came across the "out of memory errors" when I checked the logs in the Developer tab of the settings screen and I have found a no of people having the same problem as well but then I think that the apple people just don’t care about the same because I have not yet found any official coming with a solution for it even though I have found some people who have mentioned that their solution is working out as one of the above but unfortunately it is not working with me as well.

I don’t know how many no of solution o have tried by now but I don’t know why they are not working out and the things that piss me off more is that some solution are said to be working and there are other people who have mentioned that yes it us working and they have resolved their problem by the same but then why the hell it is not working for me even though I have the same situation.
    The only option that I am now left with is restoring the previous version.

Even I have tried all the solution that has been mentioned above but then I am still having the same problem and the safari is still crashing again and again. I am really running out of idea now.