Thread: iMessage not working on my iPad 2 after iOS 5 update

iMessage not working on my iPad 2 after iOS 5 update

I have recently upgraded my iPad 2 and iPhone 4 to iOS 5 and the only problem that I am facing is that I am not able to use the iMessage feature in the iPad 2 but I don’t have any problem in using it in the iphone. The problem with the iPad 2 is that it is not able to pick up on the iMessage . I have heard that iPad likes to use email addresses rather than using the phone no but I am not very sure about it. I have also tried to send an iMessage to my friend who is having a apple I'd email and has iOS5 as well but then it says that he is not having the ability to use iMessage with that email. Is there any setting that I might have missed? Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: iMessage not working on my iPad 2 after iOS 5 update

I have recently upgraded my iPad 2 and iPhone 4 to iOS 5 and the only problem that I am facing is that I am not able to use the iMessage feature in the iPad 2 but I don’t have any problem in using it in the iphone. The problem with the iPad 2 is that it is not able to pick up on the iMessage . I have heard that iPad likes to use email addresses rather than using the phone no but I am not very sure about it. I have also tried to send an iMessage to my friend who is having a apple I'd email and has iOS5 as well but then it says that he is not having the ability to use iMessage with that email. Is there any setting that I might have missed? Any help regarding this will be appreciated.
    I think that your problem is quite weird I mean as far as I know when we setup iMessage on the iPhone and then send a text message then in the start for the first time the iMessage works out your cell number and it register it automatically and later we can use that no on our iPad's so I think that there are possibilities that the your imessage might have not been registered with the cell number but then I have also heard that if there are such cases than we get a e-mail from the apple when it is registered so I just wanted to know that has you received such email form the apple before this problem arise?

And as far as the iphone is concerned then I will like to inform you that the iMessage in the iphone actually has the priority over SMS and that is why the send button there is blue and if you find it to be green then it will be a sms message and it is basically used until the number is not registered with iMessage. Just check out if that’s the case and it is helping your or not and if not then let me know so I can help your further with it. Best of luck.

Even I am having the same kind of problem but I am not having Iphone and I am just using the ipad2. The problem occurred when I was trying to send a message via I message and as soon as I finished typing the message then I found that the 'send' button is greyed out and I will like to share that I was sending it to one of my friend in my addressbook. I have also checked the 'Settings-Messages' in order to check out if the 'Show subject field' was 'off' but then I found that it was default and I don’t think that there is anything to do with the text of the message itself as the iMessage I set to 'on’. I am not able to identify what is the actual problem. I have tried to change the settings that I could have but then not seemed to have worked for me. Any further help will be appreciated.

I will suggest you to send message to an email address from iPad and check if that it is helping you out and the other thing that you can try is just go in to the message settings and then below the receive at just make sure that the email address here and the email address on the ipad message setting are same and then try to send a message and see if that it is making any difference or not. If it helps then well and goes and if not then just note down the error of you get any and then let me know so I can help you further.

I will suggest you to send message to an email address from iPad and check if that it is helping you out and the other thing that you can try is just go in to the message settings and then below the receive at just make sure that the email address here and the email address on the ipad message setting are same and then try to send a message and see if that it is making any difference or not. If it helps then well and goes and if not then just note down the error of you get any and then let me know so I can help you further.

Why to send message to an email address from iPad? Because I think that we are allowed to send using the cellular telephone number as well and I am saying this because I have found that the when I enter the 'To:' field then the imessage shows us all of the addressbook contacts and it shows both the email and cellular telephone number so I think that if it was just for the email address then why would they make the cellular telephone number visible. I have also found that when I choose an email contact then I am getting a pink or red highlight with the exclamation mark. I don’t know why but then I have found a no of people with the same problem but I have not yet found a solution for the same.

Even I am having a problem with the ipad2 and I think that it is kind of same. I mean that when I am trying to send a message no matter to a email address or a cellular telephone number I have found that the message sending bar gets stuck at the end and then it gives me a message saying that the message is not delivered and nothing else. I have tried to change the message settings as well but then it is not making any difference and I am getting the same message again and again. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it. Any further help will be appreciated.

I have to same problem with the ipad 2 but then I don’t face the same with the iphone. With the iphone even I am getting the red highlight and exclamation mark in the address box and now it is really making me crazy.I have been trying to get it work since a week but at the end I had the same problem. I have also tried to find a solution for it and have found a no of people having the same problem but then I have not yet came across a working solution for it.

Even I am going crazy with the same problem I mean that I have upgraded both my iPad 2 and iPhone 4 to ios 5 and I am not having any problem with any other feature and the only problem that I am facing is that I am not able to synchronize the iMessage. I have found that both are having the @me id but whenever I am trying to add another email then I get welcomed with a message saying that "iMessage Activation Unable to verify email because it is already in use." This problem has really left me out of ideas and I am still looking for a solution to sort it out.

Even I am going crazy with the same problem I mean that I have upgraded both my iPad 2 and iPhone 4 to ios 5 and I am not having any problem with any other feature and the only problem that I am facing is that I am not able to synchronize the iMessage. I have found that both are having the @me id but whenever I am trying to add another email then I get welcomed with a message saying that "iMessage Activation Unable to verify email because it is already in use." This problem has really left me out of ideas and I am still looking for a solution to sort it out
    I was facing the same problem previously I mean that even I was not able to synchronize the iMessage but then when I rebooted the ipad 2 and then tried doing it again then it got synchronized without any problem. I don’t know if it is a perfect solution for it but then I was able to solve it by the same. If you want then you can try out the same and see if it is helping you as well.

Yes even I have found that the rebooting and then synchronizing is working and I am sure about it because even I have tried the same and it has really worked for me as well but then now I have found that some of the other apps are not working and now I am really frustrated with it. Every time when I reboot and try to sync the app then the problem with that app disappears but then I get the same problem with some other app. don’t know what to do and by now I am really tired of doing the same again and again.

I was able to get it work with another solution but then even I am not sure that it is actually a solution for it. What I have done is that I just set the DNS address to 8.8.8.8 in the settings and after doing that I de-activated the iMessages on the iPad and then activated it gain and then the problem was solved without any further error messages. So I think that you all can try this out and see if it is helping you all as well. Best of luck.

I Think that you might be lucky to get it solved by just rebooting the phone but the same did not worked for me I mean that I have tried to follow all the solution that have been mentioned above but then nothing is actually solving it out.