Thread: Does ipad 2 capable to handle Raw photo files

Does ipad 2 capable to handle Raw photo files

I am just considering that an ipad 2 has to download in my SD cards so when that away from home. Send them to my mac at home. When I shoot in raw data format that a canon.CR2 files. And I am aware that the ipad is generates a jpeg files for the displays but till I am not believe that its preserves the original raw file as well. So please confirm that Has anyone now or give some advice on the best way that to transfer the files to the mac?

Re: Does ipad 2 capable to handle Raw photo files

Which I having ipad optimizes photo when you are download the photo and to the ipad, and after I personally would use it for the viewing and would keep the SD card together and use that to transfer the file to your computer

I understand that the photo on the iPad will display a smaller jpeg version of a raw file is there is one. What I'm wondering is if I delete the jpeg will it also delete the raw file?

When you download the ipad optimizes photo just give that photo to on ipad I personally would only use it for viewing and would keep the SD card intact and use that to transfer the files to your computer." There is no need for this. When copying to the iPad using the camera connection kit, the full resolution files are copied to the iPad, in addition to the jpg (if created on the camera). The original photos are not optimized at all.

Yes I can saw that you can be able to sync them from the ipad to your computer and it might be preserves as the raw files and all the data in ipad are need to convert into a jpeg file