Thread: Use of RSD Lite on Motorola defy

Use of RSD Lite on Motorola defy

I recently came to know that the Motorola has released a utility like RSD Lite. What are the features and how to install and process it? Please guide as I am keen performing new applications on my Motorola defy device.

Re: Use of RSD Lite on Motorola defy

Surely I will help in this matter as I am also fond of new launches and trying out. The RSD Lite is a utility created by Motorola and the use of this is to flash SBF's. Motorola made SBF’s files that include an official rom and with the help of this tool it will permit you to flash to your phone. Since the bootloader is in protected mode or locked, it is sole usable with SBF.

To use this application you need to download and install RSD lite .you need to download drivers in addition too. Without the complete installation of drivers it will not load the files. This can be used for the upgrading to unlike versions of android to and fix it if you brick your phone. It will clean the whole thing on your phone.

I will recommend you to charge the device before following the next procedure, as in most cases if the battery power does not sustain it is sure that all yours data and files will be crashed. You will have neither the option for installation of RSD nor for the other things. The only option available for your device in this case would be to update your system.

The exact process can be stated below as:
    1. After ensuring that the phone is well charged, First of all put the phone in a bootable mode.
    2. Later connect your phone by means of USB and expect windows carries it.
    3. If not possible install Motorola drivers.
    4. The next step is to download an SFB to flash.try for an updated list can
    5. Afterward in the file name box find the SFB that you wish for on your system.
    6. Make sure for your device and file properties to make sure everything is good enough and if you found it similar press start.
    7. This procedure will complete wipe of the device.
    My other suggestion would be letting it run and your appliance will reboot but don’t stop the procedure until it says it’s done on the PC.With this it is particular that you should currently be running a different version of android.

I have at present got it working - I in fact had to click on the Model shown beside Port 1 to fill up the Device Detail pane. This reveals the rank of aptitude I have. Perhaps I shouldn't be performing things similar to this to my phone later.

Some RSD Lite version 4.6 and windows 7 64-bit users often complain getting “failed flashing process and “unable to retrieve initialization values from INI file”. They are running as an administrator and in the bootloader. But I want to say to these users to try a most recent version of rsd lite and then run it as administrator.

After running as an administrator fails to work as in some cases, but trying for a new and latest version (4.6) will help. Installing a better version previous to the older one will help anyways and often it is seen that it seems to work quite efficiently.

As you suggested I tried my 1st attempt and it at this time leaves me with a black screen. It is not able to even boot up now.