Thread: My iPad 1 is not connecting to WiFi

My iPad 1 is not connecting to WiFi

I am having iPad 1 and there is some problem with the WiFi connection of that. Whenever I try to connect that then it shows me the message which says "Unable to join the network (name of network)". This happens all the times when I try to connect to the WiFi. There is no problem to connect to wifi with some other similar devices. I will be really happy if you can provide me some information that how this can be resolved. Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to this.

Re: My iPad 1 is not connecting to WiFi

If this is working with other similar kind of devices then it is very odd that WiFi is not working with your device. You should check that if the WiFi AP is having the autoblocking enabled? Ours can repeatedly block the hardware (MAC) address for a device attempting for connecting with the bad credentials. There is one application that can help you with this is the IT Tools by Kevin; this is having a bunch of utilities which can assist you and you can trace what is going on.

I think that the problem is with your router's encryption and some sort of incompatibility by means of the encryption. If you are having WEP encryption then try switching to WPA otherwise WPA2 and see if this can help you in any manner. It happened to me once arranging a macbook, I changed the WEP WPA and it worked and I hope that this will do the same for you as well.

In the security tab in the modem configuration page choose encryption WPA-PSK (This is the second from above) left the option in paragraph WPA/WPA2 TKIP Encryption and type the key you want to in paragraph WPA Pre-Shared Key. Finally click Apply and go.

One of my friends was also having somewhat similar problem with his iphone 32GB WiFi and he just done reset with the jailbreak. This was the option that helps him to resolve the problem. So can try with the same and see if it can also let you out of issue.

The only thing I can consider of at this point is that you are not getting an IP address (I am considering the WiFi network is set up with the help of DHCP to dynamically allocate network addresses). Within the settings/WiFi, click on the right arrow for the SSID you are trying to connect to. Check if it is having the IP address. You may also double-check whether you require the HTTP proxy. Just check that if you can get the static address to test with. You would enter that info beneath the Static option.

You should see for some signal strength app intended for the iPad for searching the networks. Check what does it says. Verify that what channels are being utilized within the office. I guess this is set through the router. Possibly your iPad doesn't functions through the set channel meant for some reason. Aren't there a few iPad apps that will provide you more info regarding getting network access process?

If you want the best solution for this then the you have no other option than contacting the Apple support and ask them for the issue. They will let you know that what can be the issue with this and how that can be resolved. I think that this will be the best option for you. I wish that this will be resolved soon.