Thread: What is the need to boycott the HTC vivid for AT&T USERS?

What is the need to boycott the HTC vivid for AT&T USERS?

The number one smart phone maker, Samsung, AT & T provides users with the ability to flash custom ROM. No HTC. And the VIVID is locked tight ago AT & T.There has been overwhelming customer feedback that people want to not have access to bootloaders on HTC phones. I want you to know that we have heard. Since then HTC has selectively unlocked bootloaders - bearers of blame when their competitors are offering devices that are more or less open. This same device is unlockable in another company. That promise has been clearly broken.

The common denominator is HTC not AT & T. HTC is either cowardly or lie, anyway, is the devices that are unlocked and the # 1 Android. Do not buy these devices if you want a typical experience of Android, where you have the option to run firmware. Even if you decided to stay with actions to unlock the boot loader, the choice was his. Do you really want to quit?

Re: What is the need to boycott the HTC vivid for AT&T USERS?

I'm sure you can understand the risks of allowing an unlocked bootloader and custom roms (download a version of Windows from a torrent site and just trust him). He said that HTC is just what you accept responsibility if they are unlocked bootloader. To me it seems as if ATT is not allowing from the Rogers HTC Holiday (Raider) can be opened through your tool, but the ATT (Vivid) is not.

Currently I have an unlocked i9100'm using, and I was seriously thinking of raising one of these, because a) I want to get an unlimited plan as LTE soon as possible I guess ATT-nozzle shower are certainly take it soon, and b) for use as essentially LTE modem as I have a very difficult time getting data services in downtown uk. No more! (Unfortunately, it also cannot justify buying trigger when I have the GSII would have been fun to have something different to play)

I agree, this boot loader lock is BS. Samsung has phones on all telephone companies, none of them locked bootloaders. Even my mother's burden through Verizon (gag) is unlocked.

This is not what I would like to have seen you attn1, but at the same time, I'm sure you're tired of the hand to try to root PPL / s-off of their phones w / your tool.Le sigh, I was looking forward to this and hopefully with another good piece of software attn1.

No, Samsung and LG devices are open at AT & T. HTC and Motorola, are not. There is no option to "accept responsibility" - that would be fine by me. Please go back and re-read the OP. HTC is not giving what they can - or what they promised.

I'm not convinced what the connection troubles that you refer. This is the first I've heard anyone talk about it.I live in an area of LTE, but working in an area HSPA. No problems connecting anywhere, whether LTE or not. I have the shoot though.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatien View Post
    No, Samsung and LG devices are open at AT & T. HTC and Motorola, are not. There is no option to "accept responsibility" - that would be fine by me. Please go back and re-read the OP. HTC is not giving what they can - or what they promised.
    I understand what you're saying. Apparently you do not understand what I'm saying. I know that HTC promised and realize they have not fulfilled that promise. They are offering a way to unlock it though. Carriers agree to accept and although there is some agreement as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaganvihari View Post
    I understand what you're saying. Apparently you do not understand what I'm saying. I know that HTC promised and realize they have not fulfilled that promise. They are offering a way to unlock it though. Carriers agree to accept and although there is some agreement as well.
    No, the carriers do not have to agree, as evidenced by the current offerings from Samsung, LG and Sony. HTC is the use of carriers as an excuse to do what they want anyway. Your competition is not. Although the question is, do not buy this type of device is the best course of action, and if sales are down significantly, drive change. Even if you do not, someone lurking around XDA developers would be infinitely better with a more open device.

I'l just start off by saying I am not a developer and do not know much about boot loaders and from one to the Captivate Vivid, I see a difference in favor of development. Is it really so bad?

I'm loving the walk as it is, and I do not like stock ROM, all of them. I just hope that things can change for the current owners of htc Vivid after all, only been two days.

I know for a fact that not all devices have unlocked LG bootloader considering who has so do not go saying that unless you can return 100% of that. Second, I am more than willing to bet AT & T HTC forced to lock the boot loader would not be at all surprised that the Samsung would be blocked and given that the first LTE devices are available in AT & T. Regardless, though, as people say this has only been out for less than a week damn. I am also willing to bet given a month or so HTC will release this device, regardless of what AT & T wants to do.

Exactly. Why should I switch to a device that is more expensive and has crappier resolution and fully saturated over. No thanks is that I imagine will stick with a device that is crisp and fresh and shows the colors properly and also does not suffer from impaired vision angle. I also never had a trouble with the display of this device to direct sunlight so I have no idea where people are getting the idea that this is difficult to see under the sun. However, if you hate and hate always Samsung fanboy club everything not Samsung or Plus and Super AMOLED.