Thread: Is it possible to load non-market application to HTC vivid?

Is it possible to load non-market application to HTC vivid?

HI, i am planning to buy this phone from the at&t but still before that i was thinking to clear some doubts regarding the mobile, as first of all the mobile comprises gingerbread OS in it, so obviously there should be so many applications available in the market for the phone but still if suppose wanted to make use of application which is actually not from the market so can i install it in the phone? Or for using such application i need to make a root the phone or have to install any additional software for the same or somewhat like that? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Is it possible to load non-market application to HTC vivid?

i am not sure about the fact you have asked because this thing is only possible if you root the phone until and unless there isn’t any such way of doing this thing.

Though i am agree with the above user but still i would say you should get the application rather any content from the android market only rather than any other sources because see from there only you can have legitimate content for your mobile, and i have seen many problems with my android phone though it is different. In fact if you read the reviews about the same you’ll be aware about the fact as it is always recommended to make use of only original rather genuine application in the phone. Because with the third party application you can have problem such as overheating, firmware corruption, etc.

Exactly, third party application used to consume more battery in any mobile thus it would be better to make use of application from the market but still the thing you have asked is still possible with the device.

As when i was just reading the User's Guide from HTC and they have explained on page 64 as Go to Settings >> Applications and there you’ll get and checkboxes for unknown Sources, thus over there you just need to check them after doing this you’ll get a warning message thus respond yes to it. After that you can simply went to the website and downloaded the apk file. And then just tapped on it and responded to the message about installing it. A couple of seconds later the program was running and then you can have the application installed in the mobile.

And over here you don’t have to have any hardcore rooting or nothing more application installed to do this, but still this is possible.

i was also thinking about the same as there could be some option in the mobile in order to install such application in the phone, because though market has huge application list but they are categorized again with the device models as well. Anyways but really very good solution, thanks for that.